Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 09:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recommendation for counseling?

Started by gemini3, Aug 25, 2007, 08:07:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gemini3

I am considering asking the judge to order my ex to recieve individual counseling due to her history of making false accusations, and was wondering if judges would do something like that.

She was abused as a child, and I feel that her unresolved issues surrounding that are making it impossible for her to tell the difference between threatening and non-threatening situations.  I don't think she's doing it maliciously, I think that she really believes that the children are in some sort of danger.  For example, she thinks that a ten year old boy not wearing a shirt around a six year old girl is an indicator that the boy will attempt something sexual with the girl.  She regularly has a melt-down because of innocent situations (like the one I just described) which is very disruptive to me, and difficult for the children becuase it makes them scared too.

It's too late for psychological testing because we go to court in a week.  Any suggestions?

mistoffolees

Sounds like my ex.

I suspect that the answer depends very much on the individual judge, so I'd ask your attorney. If that's not possible, perhaps the county clerk will tell you if he/she has ever seen it.

Frankly, I doubt that the court will care a bit that it's disruptive to you. If you can prove that it's causing problems for the kids, you MIGHT have a chance. Unfortunately, that would take more than your word. You'd probably have to have a thorough evaluation of the kids and the counselor available to testify. If that were to happen, I'd say there might be a chance, but I'm only guessing. If you can't PROVE harm to the kids, I'd say it's not very likely at all.

Just MHO.