Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 18, 2024, 03:24:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Just a little thing....

Started by oklahoma, Mar 26, 2008, 03:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


My divorce decree requires that my ex have a life insurance policy with the children listed as beneficiaries.  I know that he cancelled the one he had while we were married, and I have serious doubts that he is currently covered--he refuses to give me any kind of proof.  Is there some way to compel him to provide the info without actually having to go to court?  He insists that the policy is safe with Wife #4, who I have never met.


My decree states that he is to show me proof and that if he cancels the policy or changes jobs I can pay for the insurance to continue if he did not continue it. I have authorization to get info from the company myself. The only way I would think is to send him a certified letter stating you want the name and policy number (maybe pay a lawyer to send a letter....little stronger that way). Give him a deadline and then you would need to file with the court for him to produce the policy...