Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 14, 2024, 06:52:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desperate for Answers

Started by missybo, Jul 19, 2007, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


My story began about 6 years ago when I first gave birth to my 6 year old daughter.  Sortly after that , about 14 later I gave birth to another baby girl. I was order to work out of the house because I was the only one with insurance so this left my ex-husband home with the girls.  

About a year ago I filed for divorce but because emotional and mental abuse rendered from my ex I lost my girls based on the fact my lawyer did not believe I was up to a trial.

The judge gave both my ex-husband and I joint custody however recently he has refused to honor the legal document and has left me to seek legal help.  

I do not have a job or even a place to live at this time.  I have exhausted all avenues that are considered our legal system and still no help.  I haven't been able to hear from or see my girls since March and would desperately like some type of answers as to how I can get this rectified.



First of all, I think you need to get a place to be.  Where are you sleeping?  

What are the terms of your court order with respect to your time with the girls?


dsm - 36; DH - 40; SD - 17; LO - 11; BB - 4
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is


You need to file for a visitation order (if you have one, then file for contempt). It will take a few weeks to get into court. In the meantime, you need to find a job and place to live. You should be able to see your children but you will not get overnights until you have a stable home life. Call up your social service department or library and see when they offer a parenting class and take it. This will look good for the court and they may be able to offer you more support.
Good luck!