Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 08:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Filing paperwork for Child Support Case

Started by Mellybug, Jan 19, 2004, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellybug

I have a quick question.

My boyfriend was just served papers for a Child Support case. On it, it asks for all members of household. Since my boyfriend and I live together, does he have to put me down? Then it asks for other members' income - does he have to put mine down?

Legally, we are not married.

If he puts me down, will the courts use it as "household income"?

If he doesn't put me down, will he be in trouble?

I have been told repeatedly that they can not use my income as a caluclation of child support.

I have been told to have him put down "unknown". Will this affect it negatively?

Please help!

Mellybug

Peanutsdad

Quite simply melly,

Your income is none of their business. I would list you as in the household, and unknown on the income. They are not entitled to your finances, period.

joni

protect your privacy.

My husband and I maintain separate checking and credit cards.  I pay for things that we consider "none of the BM's business."  Reason being, they can subpoena my husband's financial's at any time and scrutinize them but they can never look at mine because they're not commingled.

stwbshort

when my ex was coming after me, and they were trying to determine my income, I was living with my parents.  I put them down but that their income was N/A.  I also put down that I payed rent.  so they didn't look into it any further.  

I would have him put you down, but not your income.   You are not married, they can't use your income.

good luck girl!

norma

Your boyfriend should state only his income but all of the household expenses i.e. rent, telephone, electric, food, car payment, insurance, etc. They cannot look at your income legally (since you are not married to him) so it is pointless to put it in there. You could leave him tomorrow and he would still be paying the rent, car, electric, etc. so you should have him include that 100%.