Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 12:29:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My wife pays 2 times the support the father paid her

Started by ex-stepfather, Apr 25, 2004, 05:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ex-stepfather

Mom collects $180.00 a month for a while.

Mom and stepdad (me) get accused of child abuse.

Mom gives away custody from "sole" to "shared" in an agreement to have charges against us dropped.

Mom gets sued for child support and now pays $600.00 per month.

Bio-father goes to domestic relations and still wants more now, this time for braces.

Why is this happening to us? How are we ever supposed to live in peace when that bastard is constantly going to domestic relations like a scorned woman and complaining for more money.

Some background: My wife (mom) makes fairly decent money and is a professional.

The biofather is a seven time arrested criminal with a job as a short order cook in some crappy place, with a total of 3 kids (the oldest is my wife's daughter who accused us) and his live in girlfriend.

I am so frustrated with this situation. Yes, I know by giving away her custody, we were just asking to be paying child support- but why would we take back the spoiled brat sociopath and narcissistic child who betrayed us? We left her with dear old dad because we didn't want any more accusations...

But why does my wife have to pay so much money? Why can't she just pay the same amount $180.00 a month that the biological father had to pay.

All of this was timed by the father to take place- as soon as he was threatened by a judge of nonpayment, I found my self looking at jail time for child abuse.

The entire legal justice system and this situation makes me sick. I am so angry and depressed that this happened to us- the loss and ultimate betrayal of a child and the money plus the father going to domestic every couple of months to rehash and use them to harass us. It is disgusting- all of it.

wendl

sorry to hear about this.
CS is based on incomes
for example if I were go give custody of my son to his dad I would have to pay 2x the amount of support he is (suppose) to pay to me for our son.  Now I would have to pay 2x more to him because I make a lot more than he does.  Its all about the numbers and how much $ you make so the more $ you make the more cs you will pay.

Sucks but that is how it works.
My ex when he pays cs pays $160 a month (which I rarely see but thats fine I can support our son alone have been for so many years)

Good Luck

amazinggrace

my dh's ex is supposed to pay $116 a month.  If she were to get custody (my dh is the custodial parent) he would have to pay around $1000.  It's crazy.  Also, his ex is $20,000 in arrears and if she were to get custody, his current support would not be allowed to go toward paying off those arrears, because the child cannot be "deprived" of support, even though that support is almost 10 times what she is supposed to pay.  Luckily for us, we've survived several custody attempts on her part, but all her custody grabs were centered on the support.

wendl

whats sad is cs is based on percentages on the standard of living (financially) if the parents remained together.

HOWEVER, visitation isn't, ncp are reduced to visitors in their childrens lives, hmmmm the standard prior to seperation etc was the kids say BOTH parents it's sad that money is more important than two parents equally in the childrens lives.