Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:58:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

beating child support?

Started by highlonesome, Apr 28, 2004, 08:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

highlonesome

I've come accross a website offering an e-book for beating child support.  Anybody know anything about this?  How's it work?
Here's the site:
http://www.dirtydoglaw.com/child-support

Kitty C.

Avoid it like the plague.  And if you are contemplating trying to get out of CS, then you won't find any sympathizers here.  Yes, many CS amounts are outrageous, but it still doesn't change the fact that you have a child that you are financially responsible for.

There's only ONE legitimate way to get out of CS.  If the CP remarries, the new step-parent is willing to adopt, and you are willing to give up ALL rights to that child.  Which means never seeing him/her again, at least until he/she becomes an adult.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Ratchet

I really hate the fact that everyone jumps on people who want to get out of child support like they're a deadbeat. In my case, there is NO REASON for me to pay support. I have my kids 50% of the time, and I support them when they're with me, and my ex supports them when they're with her. Any major costs (clothing, schooling, etc.), we split. So tell me why I should pay support... especially when the girls sleep at my house 4-nights a week? Having to pay support now makes it so that I have to get a second job just to survive, and hence, I have to give up a lot of time with my kids. So yes, I feel I should do everything I can to get out of paying support, because it is in the best interests of my kids to have me, not my paycheck.

richiejay

Do the two of you make similar incomes?..If you do then I completely understand your point.  In either case,  you should track all the time you have with your kids and get joint physical custody....then the child support may go away.

Ratchet

Yes, we do make similar incomes... I think I only make a few hundred a month more than she does. As for the joint physical custody, I don't believe Illinois has that. They're too interested in money to let a good dad slip by unpunished...

nosonew

I know most states still figure child support when 50/50. When we were ncp, we paid over the years from 500-1000/mo (changed frequently thanks to bm taking him back to court often), when it was 50/50 his cs obligation dropped to 150/month, now we are cp, we get 250/month from her. Or supposed to, she is 4 months behind currently (has paid 2 out of 6 months)

Ratchet

I really would've though that the judge would take that into consideration, but he didn't. I'm trying to figure out how to appeal this, or file a petition, or whatever else I can do.