Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:18:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for Help

Started by TunieMorgan, May 17, 2006, 08:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TunieMorgan

Hi, I'm new to this forum and am looking for help.

My husband was jerked around by the court in Ardmore, OK. They entered incorrect numbers on his child support calculation sheet by knocking off $598.00 of his ex wife's income. That put him in the higher percentage, and of course raised his payment.

Not that he doesn't want to help support his children, but his ex makes $600.00 more per month than he does. He has always paid his child support on time, but this raise will make it almost impossible to survive. I am disabled and can't help him since I'm unable to work.

What he needs to do is file a "Motion To Correct A Judgement of The Court." I will be typing it out for him, but I have no earthly idea as to how to even begin.

If anyone out there knows how to put this together, I'd sure appreciate the help. I don't know if there's a web site that has examples or not. I'd be happy to use one if anyone knows where I can find it as well. I understand if I don't do it exactly like it's supposed to be done, they won't accept it.

You may contact me at [email protected]. I'm not sure I can find this board again.

Anyone out there who can help us!
Thanks in advance,
C. M.

MixedBag

I'm gonna guess that "there's no such animal" with regards to the subject of your motion -- but hey, I'm no attorney.

WHO was involved in doing up the original figures that are incorrect?

AND how long has it been since the order was signed? Because then you appeal the order.

The fact that you're disabled -- has nothing to do with the picture.

Otherwise, you start over -- and that might be by making an appointment with DHR (or equivalent) to get it corrected or re-calculated -- or at the very least explained.

TunieMorgan

Thanks for your reply, but I did get a short "free" consult with an attorney. He's the one who gave me the subject 12 O.S. § 651 to file to file on. I looked it up and came up with: http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=94035 I'm within the time limit still, just don't know how to write up the petition to correct the error.

I know the fact that I'm disabled has no affect on the case. I simply meant that I can't work to help pay the child support. . .

>I'm gonna guess that "there's no such animal" with regards to
>the subject of your motion -- but hey, I'm no attorney.
>
>WHO was involved in doing up the original figures that are
>incorrect?
>
>AND how long has it been since the order was signed? Because
>then you appeal the order.
>
>The fact that you're disabled -- has nothing to do with the
>picture.
>
>Otherwise, you start over -- and that might be by making an
>appointment with DHR (or equivalent) to get it corrected or
>re-calculated -- or at the very least explained.
>