Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:09:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Any need to contact...AGAIN...

Started by dipper, Apr 07, 2007, 07:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

DH's ex is to pay CS weekly (court order) as this is how she gets paid.  VA guidelines state that CS is to be sent in on the paydate if mailed, and within four days of paydate if sent in electronically.  She works for relatives and has made comments in the past to suggest that she is the person responsible for payroll and distributions.

Her support has never came in on a regular basis since it began last year.  In early February, dh sent her employer a letter and cited the law....he also sent DCSE a letter..and they sent the employer a letter about this as well.  At that time, FOUR payments were sent in.  the next week a payment came in..and even a third week....

Then here we go again....one here, then two weeks later.....we are now at three weeks without a CS payment.  

What do you think?  Any need to contact her employer again?  

Jade

>DH's ex is to pay CS weekly (court order) as this is how she
>gets paid.  VA guidelines state that CS is to be sent in on
>the paydate if mailed, and within four days of paydate if sent
>in electronically.  She works for relatives and has made
>comments in the past to suggest that she is the person
>responsible for payroll and distributions.
>
>Her support has never came in on a regular basis since it
>began last year.  In early February, dh sent her employer a
>letter and cited the law....he also sent DCSE a letter..and
>they sent the employer a letter about this as well.  At that
>time, FOUR payments were sent in.  the next week a payment
>came in..and even a third week....
>
>Then here we go again....one here, then two weeks later.....we
>are now at three weeks without a CS payment.  
>
>What do you think?  Any need to contact her employer again?  

No, I think that you should check with DCSE and see what steps you need to take to file charges against the employer.  

mistoffolees

Why do you put up with it? On the very first day that the next payment is late, notify DCSE that you have not received payment and ask them to take action. Repeat every time they do not pay.

And put their picture on a pizza box.......

dipper

thank you both...Yes, we do need to contact DCSE again. Problem is, I have no faith in them either....they lied to me for a year about who had enforcement of my case...and only after I took the 'forbidden' step of contactin the other state did that get resolved.

I havent read the pizza box thread...I am going to now...

mistoffolees

>I havent read the pizza box thread...I am going to now...

No need, I was being sarcastic.

dipper

Well, I actually was more curious than anything...and didnt read it until I read you were being sarcastic....

Frankly, dh's ex is not that far behind...its just that she is playing games...from what she has said, she is the one who sends out these payments, so she is using her leverage to be pissy...

Now, my ex is way behind..and for two years only paid support every now and then - we are in VA and they did nothing to collect.  I saw the comments on the pizza box thread about VA's website.  The site lists the last KNOWN jobs of these people...supposedly, they no longer can find them.  I'd be willing to wager they have jumped across line...its all that is necessary to outsmart DCSE.  It also leaves DCSE pretty powerless....

Having said all that, I have gotten mad enough at my ex to want him brought to justice in court...when I had never thought I would want him in jail before.  thankfully, it hasnt come to that.  I think it would be very hurtful to my children to know their dad's face is on a pizzabox....i wouldnt do it.

But, then again...it would be DCSE doing it..just as they occassionally put people in the newspaper.....here in VA.....

mistoffolees

>Well, I actually was more curious than anything...and didnt
>read it until I read you were being sarcastic....
>
>Frankly, dh's ex is not that far behind...its just that she is
>playing games...from what she has said, she is the one who
>sends out these payments, so she is using her leverage to be
>pissy...
>
>Now, my ex is way behind..and for two years only paid support
>every now and then - we are in VA and they did nothing to
>collect.  I saw the comments on the pizza box thread about
>VA's website.  The site lists the last KNOWN jobs of these
>people...supposedly, they no longer can find them.  I'd be
>willing to wager they have jumped across line...its all that
>is necessary to outsmart DCSE.  It also leaves DCSE pretty
>powerless....
>
>Having said all that, I have gotten mad enough at my ex to
>want him brought to justice in court...when I had never
>thought I would want him in jail before.  thankfully, it hasnt
>come to that.  I think it would be very hurtful to my children
>to know their dad's face is on a pizzabox....i wouldnt do it.
>
>But, then again...it would be DCSE doing it..just as they
>occassionally put people in the newspaper.....here in VA.....

If you read the other thread, you'd see that I'm opposed to putting people on pizza boxes (or web sites, for that matter) for various reasons. Better to spend the money on properly enforcing the law.

It's not all that hard for the government to track someone down if they really want to.

mistoffolees