Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 17, 2024, 12:08:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

18yo - No HS Diploma Yet

Started by HD Dad, Jul 03, 2007, 11:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic


In WA you must pay CS until you get a court to say you can stop. Now if one is smart, they get the court to order it in the first parenting plan to stop at a certain date.

If you take this to court, since the child is over 18, you will have a significant advantage to having it stopped either immediately, or by next June 30. Seems to me the law used to state or until age 19... but that may have gone out teh window with post secondary support laws.

She did not file for continuing suupport until AFTER he turned 18 and therefore may have lost her chance. That is what happened to my brother with my nephew.  Bro filed after Son was to graduate. He was already 18. Son did not graduate, but was doing a GED and some other program. Bro filed to end support. BM counterfiled for Post-secondary education and BM lost her motion, cause son had not CONTINUED in school, AND was an adult already with no mental or physical defect.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.


The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!


Presumably because, as has been explained, schools can not give out information about  children once they're over 18 because of Federal privacy laws.

That's not just my experience - someone who worked in an educational institution affirmed it.