Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:01:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

So frustrated

Started by c_alexander, Jan 17, 2005, 04:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

It is stuff liek Mr. seate's article on deadbeat dads, and my ex wifes recent power trip, and society's attitude towards divorce, custody, child support, and fahters in general that really just burn me up. I really want to change the minds of the nation about all of it..not to see it the way we do because I do not think they will ever see it that way unless they have lived it...but at least to open the minds of the nation to the plight of non-custodial parents (mothers and fathers) and the way that divorce and custody effect ALL  invloved. If society were to open its eyes to this issue it could change the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. There MUST be a way that we at SPARCS or in the community could get our voices heard. what about public service announcements or talkshows, local media or national newspapers. I have seen several recent articles on the class action lawsuit, but as of yet nothing big or flattering....just like the courts the news media tend to focus on the financial instead of the people. Can we start a letter writing campaign to the news media to get these issues heard, perhaps get more media attention for the class action? is it possible if we get the word out that we can increase our community and our support for our cause? Imagine what it would be like if we could get 86,000 signatures on: http://www.petitiononline.com/usncpr/petition.html
instead of the amazingly low 8,600 we have now? Not that I would want to destroy our forum here, but wouldn't it be so much niocer if the biggest problem someone here faced was what to cook their kids for dinner as opposed to say a child moving halfway across the country or lossing custody? Does anyone have any ideas or input?

SadStepMom

Do you know if there is an easy way to search the petition.  I think I signed it, but it has been a while, and that might have been another petition.  If I haven't signed it, I definitely want to do it.

By the way, great letter to Mr. I_Have_No_Clue :)

c_alexander

Thanks, I though my letter to Mr. I_Have_No_Clue was a good one, but I am biased.

I have been VERY busy trying to get the word out about my website and updating it, Also getting the word out about the handwritten original poem I will be auctioning on E-bay written by my daughter Jessie....it was her idea to do this by the way...she wanted to help.

Also I have been listening to KRIGHTS RADIO~ http://www.krightsradio.com/ and I higly reccomend anyone and everyone give thema chance and listen for like 10 minutes and I promise you'll be hooked. These people are on the leading edge of the non-custodial rights issue. These people with our support along with Mr. Torm Howse (the class action lawsuit guy) to name a few can ACTUALLY make a difference. Jsut as we have banded together here to support each other, we can support each other in the fight for equality.

Can you imagine if we all got up one day and said we aren't gonna pay another cent of child support until the family law system is fixed? THINK ABOUT IT...we'd be kicking the states right in the...well you know what's.

Anyways just a thought. If nothing else, and not trying to be one of those annoying over obsesive fathers rights activists....just want you all to know there is an alternative and that is to MAKE them change the laws.