Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

kidnapped grandaughter found. Help!

Started by jquinn, Feb 14, 2005, 10:21:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jquinn

My adult son has a 6year old daughter we haven't seen for almost 4 years. The mother took the child and disappeared after a WA judge ordered her to get a visitation schedule set up with my son. She now has a failure to appear in that state, but my son doesn't have a custody or visitation order yet - she must be served first. They were never married, although he is listed on the birth certificate. We finally found them, living in AZ, under fake names. Evidently they've been there for almost 1 year. I'm worried if we serve her papers, she will go to mexico and I'll never see my granddaughter again! Any suggestions???
Thanks In Advance,
   jq

MYSONSDAD

You will want to handle this very carefully.

What has the attorney said? Tell your son to get his butt to court and get these papers served, ASAP. I would also be careful on where you post. You do not want her getting wind on what is going on. Right now, she thinks she's ahead of you, might even feel safe where she is.

If it were in my hands. I would find a PI to keep an eye on things...

wendl

In WA state if you you knew her last known address in WA you could've served her by publication which would've needed to stay in the paper for 4 weeks.

What county in WA do you live in?

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

jquinn

Actually, that part was done.  She was served via local publication.  I hope my son can get the custody granted ex parte so we could just go down to AZ, show the papers, and bring her home.  

For some reason, the fact that no order was in place before she left makes it more complicated.  Either that or we need a more informed atty.  

Thanks so much for the input.  It really helps to know that there are other people who know how it feels.

jquinn

>In WA state if you you knew her last known address in WA you
>could've served her by publication which would've needed to
>stay in the paper for 4 weeks.
>
>What county in WA do you live in?
>
>**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**