Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 11:48:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The writing on the wall is getting clearer...........

Started by Kitty C., Feb 25, 2005, 02:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

PBFH called DH last night, asking to meet with him to discuss SS.  She has NEVER done this before.  The reason?  SS is apparently getting out of hand with her and won't listen to her.  

She's called DH a few times already to get HIM to talk to SS to get him to do what he's supposed to do.  Last Friday, she even called DH that morning, cuz SS refused to go to school.  DH is off on Fridays in the winter, so he said he'd be right over.  He went over there, picked up SS, told him that he was going to school (in NO uncertain terms!), and that was that.  SS never said a peep to DH.

But after watching how PBFH parents, especially when SS was younger (and how she let him get away with so much), I told DH even then that it would come to this.  On top of that, SS just had his 11th birthday, will start middle school in the fall, and he's obviously going to be a 'husky' boy.  He's starting to push her around and still lives with the philosophy that if he whines enough to her, he'll get his way.  He's even been overheard telling other kids this as advice, LOL!  Plus, she's in for a very rude awakening next school year.  The kids SS knows right now, he's been with all his school life.  Next fall, there will be kids from 2 other elem. schools added to the mix, which can change the scope of everything for him.  I've got a feeling she ain't gonna know what hit her!

I have no idea what kind of ideas she has in mind, but I know for certain that us taking primary custody ain't gonna be one of them.  The main reason is that DH works out of town and I would be the sole caretaker the majority of the time.  But it even blows my mind that she has come out and asked to meet with DH.  One thing I DO know.  If SF happens to be present, DH will tell her there will be NO meeting till either I get there or SF leaves.  Either we ALL do it together or only the bio-parents work on this themselves.

Tom. DH and I are going up north to play in the snow (and so I can play with the new toy DH got me for Valentine's Day, a new snowmobile!), so this meeting wil have to wait till we get back.  I'll fill you all in on what happens then!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

wendl

Man hun, she should've laid down rules LONG ago, middle school kids EVEN with good rules can still be a bear, my son is almost 13 and has always had rules and he tries to push me over the limit but he knows what I will do, however he still has a need to try on occassion.

Have fun on your new toy, keep up posted.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

nosonew

Kitty, we have been custodial now for over a year. A 15 year old who has no clue about honesty, goals, ambition, etc.  The only thing making me feel better is knowing  2.7 years left...then...who knows what will happen with him. His mother sounds just like your bm...exactly.