Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:57:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I'll Pass on "Greetings" Like This

Started by NoNicky, Mar 09, 2005, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

>however you want to know why such an e-card would be
>unacceptable if the woman were the punching bag? Because the
>women got SMART and got ORGANIZED

Also because they complained about every instance of perceived discrimination- like cards that were insulting to women or portrayed them in ways they didn't like. JUST LIKE WE'RE DOING ABOUT THIS CARD.

>What do we have?

Apparently we have people that don't see the importance of paying attention to the pervasive discrimination against men. And people that talk about how effective NOW is, but doesn't recognize HOW they got to be effective.

>I said it before I'll say it againt. Stop letting yourselves
>be distracted by this kind of fodder and FOCUS at the matters
>at hand...either that or get used to being the punching bags.

You fight your battle by selling ribbons...let other people fight the battle in the way that they want to. No single approach is the "one true way".

NoNicky

"No single approach is the "one true way". "

EXACTLY!  A multifaceted approach will have more chances of getting noticed by the media at large.  Hopefully if we get noticed enough times then they will begin to see the whole picture and report accurately and fairly on the issues.  Then true change can begin.  It will not ever start until the hearts and minds of the public have changed and are behind us on this.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

c_alexander

You all let the e-card company have it for their "bad taste" in humor, but yet FIRM is ranting and raving about feminisits and such a few posts up and no one says anything? You all confuse me so.

jilly

Nobody is being hypocritical by ignoring Eric.  They have just dealt with him in the past and arguing with him only makes it worse. Therefore, they don't give him the time of day because it's a total waste of time and it just makes him keep posting his garbage.

Brent

>You all let the e-card company have it for their "bad taste"
>in humor, but yet FIRM is ranting and raving about feminisits
>and such a few posts up and no one says anything? You all
>confuse me so.

FIRM? I don't see any of posts by FIRM on this page, please provide a URL. If FIRM has posted any of their anti-gay, anti-woman stuff on this board, it'll be pulled.

As for FIRM, they're well known here as raving kooks and nutjobs. Their site on MSN was shutdown for its racist, homophobic content, and because MSN had received tons of complaints about FIRM.

Eric Ericson, the "leader" of FIRM has been banned from half the divorce message boards on the net. He's stated that the murder of family court judges would be a "good thing". He says gays and lesbians are subhuman and should die. He thinks fathers should have custody "by default" in most if not all cases. He got a Universal Life Church membership through the mail ($15) and refers to himself as "Reverend", and frequently spouts bible verses about how women are inferior and gays should be put to death.

Don't even compare him or FIRM to SPARC. The only thing in common between FIRM and SPARC is that they (unfortunately) share one letter of the alphabet.

jilly

Brent,

Eric made a reappearnce on this Board but apparently his posts were deleted.

Jill