Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 08:10:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hi, apologies if my msg was already posted, didn't see it on the boards

Started by sanjay.srikonda, Mar 09, 2005, 10:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjay.srikonda

I'm a father of an 18 month old, my wife and I are in the process of splitting up, we're currently in El Salvador, we're teaching here.  However, we're from the US and moving back to the US within the next month or two.  My fear is the following:  my wife is going to Atlanta with our daughter, to stay with her mom, I'm going back to NJ to stay with my dad, I don't know what she is planning, but I have a sinking suspicion that she is planning on leaving the country with our daughter and using any tactic she can to get what she wants.  I have read where women have used the specter of abuse to get the husbands to cowtow or the courts to give all rights to the mother.  I am afraid she may try this tactic even though it is totally false.  My daughter is 18 months old and I love her very much.  I have stated categorically, to my wife, that I will do whatever she says, but that she let me see my daughter on a regular basis.  However, if she takes a job outside of the US, I cannot do that bc it would cost too much to go overseas to see her as as often as possible.

Thank you,

Sanjay Srikonda
[email protected]

Kboeds

Are you planning to file for divorce?

I would suggest in the filing that you prepare for long distance visitation.

Possibly worded that if you or your ex move over (___) miles from the other, you will get the entire summer, every other Christmas (the whole break, not just half of it) and things like that. I would also suggest that it be stated that the party that moves is responsible for the travel cost or if you think both of you may move at some point, it may be stated that travel be split between the parties. That way you only have to pay the travel cost or half of the cost 2 or 3 times a year, instead of every other weekend and you get longer period of time with your daughter.

I would say to make things legal as soon as possible.

As far as the possible abuse charges... Try to have someone around as much as possible. Soon to be Ex doesn't have to know. A friend, family member, what ever. That way if there are aligations you have a witness to the visits. (My husband feared this from his ex, so we purposely made sure he had witnesses around)

KB