Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 07:59:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Out of state visitation battle (Washington and Oregon)

Started by crayiii, Apr 20, 2005, 10:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crayiii

Wife took child and left our home in Oregon to move in with her boyfriend in Washington.  After a long jurisdiction battle, Oregon gave up home state based on "inconvienient forum" for my wife.  He said she didn't have enough money to go to court in Oregon.

She has kept me from seeing our son since July and won't even let me talk to him on the phone.

I was told that Washington will assign a GAL to the case I will have to pay to have the GAL fly down to Oregon to meet with me and see my home.

I can't afford this, in fact I will barely be able to afford the 9-hour oneway drive to see my son when I finally get to do that.  

I am looking for any advice on what to do.

Kitty C.

Washington state can contact Oregon state, requesting an interview/home study be done.  Then the individual who does the interview makes a report back to Wash. state.

This is what was done in my situation, since we were talking CA and IA.  CA contacted IA DHS and they sent out a SW to do the home study, she made a report back to CA and that's all it took.  And it didn't cost me a dime, since it was requested by the opposing party.

Don't let 'em tell you any different.......it CAN be done.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

gipsy

As far as I know washington will not appoint any one for you ! Unless there is some entity up here to do it for you , You will have to file the MOTION TO APPOINT GUARDIAN AD LITEM  . your self , And file a TEMPORARY PARENTING PLAN ,  Maybe she will agree to visits At court ,. However You are correct . I am from washington , And If she makes up allegations etc .the court won't let you see your child untill there is a GAl appointed and the GAl does there so called" investigation " And file's the report with the court , And you have to play the dog and pony show at the court ! Or you will feel you lost , at first it seems that you lose , Untill the GAL reports then the court will go by the GAL report , SO Be nice and try to let them like you . Clean cut , And John Boy Walton appearance ,
           GAL's in washington take like a 90 hour course , and as has been said before " I didn't even know what a GAL was untill I are one . Be ware , Only put on a good picture of your self and don't give any other info ,"unless You 'ask 'about issues you want to tell the GAL about the mother, , But back to square one , Depending on the age of the child and what your contact was previous , you may be able to get some sort of temprary parenting plan  with the court ,it depends on the mood of the commissioner and what commissioner you get ,Its worth a try ,
            In washington you go see a commissioner at first , this is like a ten minute hearing , thats where if you are representing your self , I could give you a much longer story about what happened in My case , I will save that writing for when you ask for it , But basically you propose a parenting plan , and don't talk bad about her , Just say you want to see your child ,
        I went through this at the Pierce county court house in Tacoma , I have to say I can tell you my expirience , But I am no expert , But looking back it is really pretty simple , Try typing in pierce county superior court and that should take you to their site and you will find forms , Also this site has forms or links to them , Meanwhile work overtime and save , Again I will save further info about the court for when I know if you are even going to the Pierce county court ,