Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 04:40:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

birth mother given custody today without the case being heard

Started by dismayedstepmom, Apr 26, 2005, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismayedstepmom

Today I learned what it was to be a father in Tennessee's court system and I was not only dismayed, but appalled at the way my husband was treated. This is a man who loves his children very much and wants nothing more than to be in their lives and take care of them. This is something in my experience (I have children too) I had not seen until I met him.

That being said today we went to court w/all the documentation and proof to show he was the more stable and suitable parent for these two girls, but the judge would not even hear it. I was astounded. He heard not one witness no word of testimony from my husband, nothing.

He told us that since the oldest child who is 12 is adopted by him and would want to be with her mother then he would not separate the girls and gave them to his ex. I guess what I'm asking is what do we do know and how do we get our children back before their lives are distroyed? And would we have a better chance at getting one if he gives up the one who is adopted? Any advice would be greatly appreciated and very helpful. I just don't know what to do.

justwantstobeadad

OMG what a bunch of crap. I would APPEAL it sounds like this judge as in a hurry for his dinner date! follow through dont stand for it make that judge accountable so he/she doesnt continue this abuse of power!

dismayedstepmom

That is I believe exactly what he was doing, he even made the comment an hour before he got to our case it was almost lunch time. We will continue to fight if it takes the rest of our lives. I have never seen as you put it quite correctly such an abuse of power. My husband's daughters are our world so if there is a way to appeal this we most definitely will. I thank you very much for your response!! It's nice to know we are not overreacting and are justified in the way we feel!!! Thank you very much!!!

justwantstobeadad

You are very welcome! good luck with the appeal!let me know how things are going...