Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 11:53:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

BM wanting money now.....

Started by dipper, May 23, 2005, 08:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danae

If I were you I would call the Dr. office and find out from THEM what your portion should have been and pay them that, asking that they send the difference to BM. GIVE NO MONEY TO BM AT ALL unless it is Child Support. In washington state, any monies that you give a BM, or vise versa,  are considered a GIFT unless it is paid through the Washington State Support Registry, or the check is DRIECTLY labled for CHILD SUPPORT. Don't know how it is in your state, but in a lot of them, you could give her money for the bills, then she can come back on you for the amount a second time saying that the first was a "GIFT" and nail you again.

Always pay the provider directly even if it means that the provider has to reimburse the BM!!! This take syou out of the monney grubbing loop altogether!

BEst of luck to you and your child. I pray he is feeling MUCH much much better!!!
Danae

jilly

"but in OR they have (oh darn, what's the word) negligence, where you must be 49% or less at fault to collect;"

I think the term you are looking for is contributory negligence.

wendl

AT least in WA State you are held liable for the actions of your minor children, if they hit a car with a baseball your homeowners insurance pays, if someone is over spending the night and the other persons child falls our of bed and breaks a leg you are liable, the homeowners policy will pay (this happened to one of my clients) If you are at your neighbors house and you cut yourself while helping do dishes their homeowners pays (this also happened to a client) their insurance paid out under the personal liability section of the homeowners policy.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**