Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:14:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Need some prayers and good thoughts this way!!

Started by Nextmother, Jun 07, 2005, 08:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nextmother

Some of you may remember me, for those that don't, here is a brief history.

I came to SPARC back in 2000 after being married to my DH for just over 2 years. He had a daughter that had been taken by his X and her family and whom he had not seen in nearly 4 years. I found this place and another board for second wives and we started sending letters, cards, notes, ect.. In July 2000, it paid off and we gained custody of YDD.

She has been with us ever since, BM did almost a year in jail for criminal child abuse on this child and a younger sibling and I adopted her 3 years ago this past March.

Okay, onto now. DH went back to school in 2003 after his asthma got so bad that staying in his former job as a mechanic was just impossible. For the last 2.5 years, he and I have both worked part time while he was in school full time to get an AAS in Surgical Technology.

All of the hard work has finally paid off, he graduates in 3 weeks with a 3.95 GPA and so we are now in the process of job hunting. This is where we need your help. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers that he will be able to find a good job in a good place.

We have resume's out in MI, TN, VA, KY, NC and SC. He has 2 phone interviews tomorrow, one in MI and one in VA and we heard from another one in SC this morning. He will have to call the SC one this afternoon when he gets home from school.

Thanks to all!!

Next

Kitty C.

I worked for a teaching hospital, so I know what kind of position he's looking for.  Unfortunately, he'd be better off getting on at a private surgical outpatient center than at a hospital or medical center.  At least the income probably would be higher.  I know that, in this area, the teaching hospital has the lowest wages for ST's, but possibly the best benefits.

Regardless, you are all in my prayers that he finds something quickly and you all are able to get a SOLID start on a new beginning...for your ENTIRE family!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Nextmother

Thanks Kitty!! We got two more calls this afternoon so he has personal interviews set up for Thursday and Friday!

I would love to be able to look into some private surg care places, but have yet to figure out how to find them on the web. Most of the sites we have looked at feature the hospitals and not much else. If you know where to look I would be greatful to know! :D

Next

wendl

Good luck,

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

flewwellin

First off GOOD LUCK!!!

Second I live in Wilmington, NC and we have a wonderful hospital down here that isn't a teaching hosipital.  New Hanover Regional Hospital.  There is also tons of other personal medical practices here that he might fit into.

You could also try Greenville, NC which there is ECU East Carolina University teaching hospital.  I know that is a wonderful hospital to work for and know a few ppl who work there and are very happy with there salary.  

Nextmother

Thanks for the good wishes!!

LOL Funny you should mention NHR Medical Center, I gave birth to 2 of my children there!! We live in Hampstead, just 20 minutes north of Wilmington.

LOL Actually, they are a teaching hospital, but due to Miller-Motte putting out 20-30 surg techs every 6 months now, the market is flooded with them and New Hanover is getting a little more picky. DH has already been turned down by them because he is not certified yet! :D

We have also put in at Greenville, Ashville, Morganton, Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Almost all of them want at least a year of experience though.

Thanks again!!

Next

flewwellin

That's funny I am actually going to be giving birth to my first child at New Hanover.  I am due Nov 1st and looking forward to it.  

I know exactly where Hampstead is.  You still live there right?

It's strange to see that 2 ppl use this site and live so close too.

Nextmother

Yep, I am still here. I have been in Hampstead (off and on) since I was 7 years old! It is amazing how fast this place has grown! LOL

Next