Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 05:53:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother took our son our of state - neither of us have custody

Started by texas_dad, Jun 01, 2006, 01:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texas_dad

We are unmarried and have a 2 yr old son.  We all have lived in TX since before my son was born, and the mother decided to move to another state - leaving our son with me.  She came back after 2 months for a visit and took our child back with her, without my permission/knowledge.  Paternity HAS been established since we both signed an Acknowledgement of Paternity form right after he was born, and my name is on the birth certificate.  I've since served her with a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship, but I'm concerned that the longer he is out there with her (until the pending temp custody trial) the more likely a judge will allow her to keep him out there.  He's got other family here too who he's attached to, and no connections in this other state other than the mom - and she just decided to move there b/c she felt like it.  I know Dad's don't get a fair shake, but I love my son and can't allow her to remove him from my life where I can't see him regularly.  Do I have any options to force her to return him here?  Can I legally go out there and get him back?  If not, what are the chances a judge will not allow her to keep him out there/give her temp physical custody?  Any advice would be very much appreciated....

Sherry1

Mandatory forum posting rules and follow them to a T.  Soc would be the one that could give you advice from a legal standpoint.