Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

May 06, 2024, 11:29:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I Am An Old Timer, RAKKEEEPOOO!

Started by Childrenfirst, Jun 26, 2006, 09:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Childrenfirst

My dear friend, my prayers are with you and the power of prayer is great! You will beat this cancer and we will be here to help you through it and to offer you new hiking boots as you go!

I really miss everyone of the old timers. I am lost on here now. Don't know anyone any more. I can't get into chat for some reason and get no reply from Admin on why I can't get in. Sigh.

I am surviving. My health is good....lost 50 pounds! Quit smoking 8 months ago...not bad after 36 years!!! I buried my brother a year ago May from bile duct cancer and it has been a hard journey.

My Alex is still the love of my life at age " almost 9".

It is so good to read all your replies on here from the gang...email me at [email protected] and we can talk!!!

Kent..did you post on my class reunion website this month?

I miss you all and wish we could all get together sometime and chat on here. but until then, may God keep you all in His arms!!

Kent

Yes, CF, I did.
I googled you, and that's what I found. I learned a lot of new things about you... LOL

You didn't reply to my emails on your old address, so I thought you had to have a new address.

I'll email you.

Kent!

Kitty C.

Long time no hear from, girl!!!!!!!!!!!  Hadn't heard anything from that side of the state for so long!  I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you as well.  DS lost his dad to the same cancer almost 4 years ago and now the state finally realizes that this child can't seem to cope with it and he/we need a lot of help.  Better late than never, but proof positive how devastating it is to a child to lose his father, no matter how involved.

Rak, with the support from all your friends here, there's only ONE possible outcome to all this.....THE BEST!  There may be a lot of new 'faces' here, but we're still behind you 100%!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

janM

CF!!! So good to hear from you!

Sorry about the loss of your brother. Glad to hear you quit smoking!

I think you know we had son's boy for about 18 months. Son took him back last fall when he took up with his present GF, she is so good to both of them. Both are working hard now because son bought a house and they moved in a couple of weeks ago. Great neighborhood in his school district, on a quiet cul-de-sac where he can ride his bike. He is 7 now!

BM just got home from a month in jail for non-payment of support. She is working and they have a garnishment order on her, son should get some $$ soon. It's only taken 3 years...sigh...

My other grands, who live with their dad, are doing great. They are now 9, 8 and 5. Their mom, my dd, is still down south and has been into some bad things and we rarely hear from her. I hear she'd doing better now, I hope so.

I sure hope you can get in chat soon. We miss you and all the great times there. I think you have my email addy.

Take care and talk soon.

speciallady

Well Hello to you!!!!
(this is formerly "oneandonly" from chat...)

Sorry for your loss too and so glad to see you here again! You won't believe this but dh's twins just turned 18 and graduated this year!! woohooo!!!
I, too, just lost a loved one to cancer--my daddy---still in shock.

Hugs and don't be a stranger! I still read but don't post much myself...

skye

Hey CF long time no see ...I cannot get into chat either...miss talking with all of you...RAK my prayers are with you...you can beat this..I have been cancer free almost 7 years now...

Hugs to all
Skye

hagatha

CF,

We have to get a day when all the old timers can get into chat!!!

I miss those days with everyone.

Some one still has the remote and won't tell where it's hidden

The pole is also missing, but I think Vlad was the last one to use that.

I think we may need a new couch. The old one must be moldy from staying in storage.

I did send you an email...

Hagatha

JayC is me

CF!!!!!!!

Was thinking about hunting you down last month at a race in Chariton. Got another one in Osce next month! We gotta hook up!

dsm

So glad to see you post.....but now don't get lost again, okay!!!???

So sorry to hear of your brother.  It is a difficult road that you have traveled, but - look where you are now - still kicking, right?  :)

==============================================================================

dsm - 35; DH - 39; SD - 16; LO - 10; BB - 3
------------------
3 Cheap Entertainment cats - Sam,  Snoop & Dagger
------------------
Live, Love, and Laugh
dsm - 44
DH - 48
SD - 26
LO - 19
BB - 12
1 demon who provides cheap entertainment of the fluffy and furry kind.

My mantra - it's time for me to do for me and mine so we can live in the present and not fret about the past nor worry about the future.  What is, is

SLYarnell

Email me!  I am just a couple hours drive away now!  [email protected]

Shellie

determined

I also have not been keeping up on this site much anymore.  I find myself awful busy chauffering two amazing kids who luckily are a lot smarter than their old man.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS!

wendl

I miss everyone too, I have been missing in action lately.

Did you hear LAH got married whoooo I am so happy for her.

I cannot believe Alex is 9 already, man time flies.

Good news on quitting smoking, DH and I quit earlier this year. LOL and we have gained weight.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

wendl

LMAOI  miss SAM................Mr, Haggie, CF, Jan, Lah, One and everyone

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**