Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 05:44:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Testimony - Evaluation

Started by fatherinneed, Jan 17, 2007, 01:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatherinneed

Long story short...

My ex GF, whom I have a 6 year old daughter with, has a terrible temper. In one case she had punched her own brother in the face while spouting off numerous curse words all in front of our daughter. Needless to say this was all over a fast food restaurant being closed. Anyway, should I record or transcript a detailed conversation with her brother about the incident as long as he is willing to do so? Also, should I bring this to a psych eval to show more proof of her insanity among other things I have documented? Any input will help...Thanks

mistoffolees

Since you haven't gotten an answer here and your questions are mostly legal, you should probably ask Socrateaser.

http://deltabravo.net/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=106

Kent

You can ask her brother for an affidavit on this occurrence.
Or ask him to be one of your witnesses during trial.

As far as the evaluator goes, it will be better just voice your concern with her anger problems. The evaluator then will (or should) ask questions about it. At that time it would be great if you can offer the evaluator to call her brother, and for him to tell the story for you.

It will create a much better image of you, and it is a first-hand account of the problem coming from someone who should be closer to her than to you.

Good luck!

Kent!

fatherinneed

That sounds like some great advice...thanks for the input...

notnew

Kent,

I believe he may need to get this testimony under deposition for it to be admissable since an affidavit will not allow the other side to question him. Too bad he didn't call the police and submit a report. fatherinneed should encourage brother to follow through if this happens again.

I may be wrong about the affidavit, but I know in my recent custody trial, I was told by the judge that letters written by school officials were not good enough and I had to get the people in the court room which I did.

And yes, it would be good if the custody evaluator actually did the REAL job they are charged with and did a complete investigation that includes talking to the brother. Good idea.

I would also suggest he follow up with Socrateaser on these issues too.