Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 04:59:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

MOM MOVING

Started by tcymaine, Jun 03, 2007, 07:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcymaine

My Childrens mother is moving and she has not told me where.  There is a custody agreement in place and she is in contempt of court on several issues.  We live in Maine, I have a lawyer but am out of money,  is there anyone that can guide me with some advise.  Can she move out of the school districe and maintain custody, I would like to win custody simply to stabilize the children but am only a year out of fighting and winning a false allegations case.  Any help would be wonderful.  Thanks in advance.

Sherry1

your lawyer file to keep her from moving.  Once she moves, it will cost you 3-4 times the amount of money for visitation then it does now.  You might as well find money even if it means credit card debt, second mortgage, mom & dad, etc. to keep this from happening.

mistoffolees

It all depends.

If she has sole physical custody and there are no restrictions on moving in the agreement, you would have a time consuming (and expensive) challenge. If she has sole legal custody and sole physical custody, there's little chance that you would win. So you'd need to provide more details on your circumstances.

It also matters what she is in contempt of court over. If it's trivial matters, it's essentially irrelevant. Has she been found to be in contempt by a court or are you saying that she's in contempt. That matters, too. If the court found her in contempt, what penalty was imposed?

There are just too many unanswered questions to be able to give you advice.