Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 05:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

finding my son

Started by meu47, Aug 16, 2007, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meu47

Hello!  This is my first post so I'll get right to it.  2 Yrs ago BM took off with son.  I was in a financially hard place and could not pursue then.  I believe I've narrowed down where BM and son are.  They're still in the same state of Oregon, but far away still.  I need to locate her address so that I can file papers.  Any suggestions?

The Facts:
BM has two girls by another man and has a court ordered shared custody with them.  Father of girls live in Portland where I also live.

My name is not on the birth certificate, but our son's last is hyphenated with both our last names and seeing as I'm the only one with that last name in all of the northwest I consider that a plus.

Any sugestions woul be great!

mistoffolees

If there's a court order regarding her other kids, you could try the county clerk's office. I believe that court records like this are publicly available.

Alternatively, you could serve her the papers when she brings the other kids to their father's house.

ohu812

I am assuming you have no court orders yet. If the child is school age you can call the superintendent of the districts she may be in until you locate him. If you have no orders once located you can technically take child because neither of you have custody over the other by law. I had a similar situation and I used the internet to find BM. Anywhere you can post the message and give her name post it. People will give you details if they have them. If she has any kind of proffessional license you can find her that way. Court documents are public record and if she updated address with other father it will be in court records. You can also find out through DMV her last address reported for drivers license.