Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 11:03:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Any ideas here????

Started by bearcub, Jan 09, 2008, 02:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearcub

I know this sounds a bit bizzarre and maybe unbelieveable. But anyway I am still going to search for advice.

During our marriage my wife became a very materialistic person. During this time she continued to purchase anything and everything she wanted.We owned our own business, and because of the divorce the business was closed. She has a good paying job making more than 120k per year. I was forced to go out and find a minimum wage job.

While living in the house, my neighbor noticed her lawyers car leaving our house early in the am on a Sunday from the garage. I was out of town with the kids at the time. I truly believe that  there has been an affair going on. Well i cant seem to be going anywhere on this case.

My wife decided to file for bk despite the fact we have a house and business and she makes a large sum of money. Because of her bk the business cannot be sold, i was forced out of the house and am now homeless. Due to the fact I am homeless my weekend visitation was taken from me. Now the only visitation I have is 1 day a week for 3 hours.

Her bk is a complete fraud,and not sure how to approach it. She is living in a house worth a half a million and I am on the street, but worse is the fact that I lost most of my parenting time w/ the kids and have been a major part of their lives since they were born.

I am not sure where to go next my lawyer left because he hasnt gotten paid, im on the street and the kids dont get quality time from their father.

Any thoughts on what to do here?

mistoffolees

You need an emergency filing. A lot depends on the state you are in.

In my state, you are both entitled to spend money in the joint accounts and both are entitled to shared property. She can not force you to leave the house unless there is a restraining order against you. As soon as one party files for divorce, all assets are essentially frozen and it is illegal to move money out of the joint accounts to move it into private accounts.

I don't know the laws in your state, but in my state you would not be destitute and the same applies in many states. I would talk with an attorney - you can usually get an initial consultation for free. Or if there's a law school in your area, students will sometimes help with cases like this.

I'd seriously consider moving back into the house since it's still your house, but ask the attorney first.