Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 11:26:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Michign Friend of the Court Evaluation

Started by jzurinsky, Mar 13, 2008, 08:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jzurinsky

Went to the FOC yesterday and until I was able to speak to the evaluator alone (with out X) she was even gonna take away my unsupervised visits. I was arrested back in 10/2007 and pled to disorderly conduct. After I explained to her the situation and how my X has been acting she had changed it to standard visitation but not until Sept. 2008. She says I need to be stable on my meds (bi polar but under doctors care/therapy) for a year! We go in front of the judge tomorrow and my lawyer says not to worry he should be able to get that reduced. I currently see my son 4 hrs on Saturday and Sunday and an unspecified amount of time to Monday and Wednesday unsupervised. I am really afraid that I will have to wait til Sept to have my son overnight. My X has been really playing games...telling me she wants to move back in, wanting to be a family, and wanting to get married. But her attorney is saying that I am dangerous because I am bi polar. But if she is coming over with our son and spending time with me how can she continue to say that she feels that I am dangerous? When the FOC asked her (X) what type of custody she wanted she said sole but 50/50 was okay (because I had already told her that I am not agreeing to anything less). When our son was born she never called me (had to find out thru a friend 4 days later), she continued to tell me I could see him but then cancel on me. This was going on for 2 months so I finally got a lawyer. My X then said I didn't have to do that she thought things were fine. I have been very honest with her, her attorney and the courts. Her attorney even said that since my X had yesterday off I can wait til thursday to have our son. I told her that it was in the temp order that I get him on Wednesdays and just because my X has something to do and has the day off doesn't mean it can be changed. They continued to argue with me until I got my attorney on the phone.

So I guess I am in need of some help. Even though I know no one can tell me what to expect but I think maybe some encouragement or some hope that this will all end soon and my son and I can have a great life even though my X is unstable????