Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

rights of a out of state father?

Started by aztocadad, Jan 25, 2009, 12:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aztocadad

So making it a short story my ex left me with my 1 1/2 year old daughter back in oct 10 08. And I couldnt find a place to stay so I moved in with my mom jan 01 09 in CA daughter is in AZ. So how do I get my rights or 50/50 custody for my child? I am definitly a noob at this. any input would help me out.

rblzwife

my advice is to get keep track of your visits/efforts to communicate with your daughter.  make a parenting plan, look about getting a guardian ad litem appointed to your daughter... someone that can testify that it is in her best interest to have a joint custody situation. realize there is a difference between joint legal and joint physical. unless you are going to be living close by your daughter, joint physical might be really tough.  it would be in your best interest to demonstrate that you are willing to work WITH your ex in doing what is best for your daughter. if you both fight about everything, you might be in trouble. no matter what, be the bigger person.  always stress that your daughter is the most important thing. be willing to be flexible without sacrificing your rights and what is best for your daughter.  research the law!  there are lots of websites that can give you good advice.  you can meet with a lawyer (usually free for the initial consultation) and ask them what you should do. good luck. dads matter. don't ever forget that.

*iLUVmySD*

Has anything been filed in the way of custody, visitation or child support in the past?  I live in Arizona and may be able to offer some of my experiences for a reference.