Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 01:23:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt of Court

Started by Gr8dad, Jul 13, 2008, 11:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gr8dad

I need help on how to file a Contempt of Court charge on my ex-wife for consistent non-compliance with the Final Decree of Divorce.  I contacted my attorney who will not help me until I satisfy my balance on my account ($3000) and provide another $4000 retainer.  My ex-wife is not providing with any information regarding our 3 children as stated in the decree.  I also have not received my half of the items outlined in the final decree (pictures, videotapes, etc.).  I live in the State of TX, please help!  My divorce was final September 13, 2007.

ocean

In my state, you can go to the court building and file yourself. They will help you write it up and then you have to serve her.
Go with a list of what she is not complying with, and list where it is in your decree so it will go faster. Here you usually wait a few hours for this process so be prepared....
Call and find out where you file. IF she denies visits, call the police and get a report, then file the same way.

Davy

Gr8dad

I dove into my volimous files  from the mid 1980's (4 IL courts, Federal court, 1 TX  court) thinking I could immediately place my hand on s simple "Contempt Motion' but for some reason these TX motions were not where they are supposed to be.. files are indexed but index tabs have become brittle and are falling to the floor..  

Anyway I do have a document (57 pages) entitled "Contempt Enforcement of divorce and SAPCR judgements and and degrees" (July 1980) by John R Sampson (Austin) apparently a professor at the University of Texas School of Law.  I googled this document and found it (and other info) but access is blocked unless one has the appropriate student ID.  This document appears quite intensive.

You may be able to locate this document in a local library or a university law library ( that is where I found it) or a sample 'Contempt' form in your county law library or sweet talk your county clerk office from for a sample from an actual case file (public record).  

... and you have an email.

Gr8dad

Thank you for your response.  I contacted the County Clerk's Office in my county and she was very abrupt.  She said "Sir, you need to contact an attorney--we cannot give any legal advice.  The process and forms needed for your request has to come from an attorney." She then hung up the phone!  I  will go to closest Law Library, however, and try to obtain some info that way.  Thanks for your help!

Gr8dad

Thank you for your response.  I did contact my local Law Library and they said that they had the forms for the Contempt of Court Motion and the article.  It will be .20/page to printout.  I will be going tomorrow afternoon! Thanks for the tip!!!!

ocean

Call  your court house first....Here you sit with a person and they type it for you, print it out, and then you serve her. Here it is free to do this (contempt). Not sure if all states do it this way...worth a try

Davy

You could be SURE if you read the posts.