Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:34:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Weekend Thus Far

Started by NoNicky, Jan 25, 2004, 10:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoNicky

I'm taking a few minutes for myself before I plunge into all the chores that were neglected in prep for Friday's meetings and the rest of this weekend.

1. Met with SS's psychologist first thing in the morning.  He discovered we weren't such bad people.  He gave us straight answers and it was a relief to finally have them.  He wants us to meet with him again after we finally get to have SS for the weekend.  He learned some things from us he had not known in the past.  I think they "enlightened" him on some subjects.

2. Met with GAL.  Grandparents think it will be a slam dunk for them but after this meeting we both think otherwise.  G'ma has complained that DH can not be a truck driver and fit parent at the same time.  Turns out GAL's brother is a trucker and in GAL's words he's a fine parent.  DH talked about his concerns that SS has no religious upbringing.  GAL asks about us.  My dh and I are of different faiths but DH attends with me.  Turns out GAL is the same faith as I am.  GAL admits he agrees with our point that as long as there is a fit, capable parent wanting the child, the child should be with that parent.  GAL admits to us he is also aware that BM has more charges pending against her and will be doing more time in prison (g'parents deny this).  By the end of the time we were laughing and joking with him some as well.  He also agrees with our point that BM is not and can not ever be a fit parent from prison.

3. Visit with teacher at school.  She reports good scores after SS's visits with us, that there has certainly no backwards steps and that SS goes out of his way to tell her about what he does with us on the weekends.  

On a side note we wound up putting in 750+ miles in 2 days.  We also managed to have a brand new tire be defective and cause a serious bulging of the sidewalls and flat in the middle of a snowstorm, get that tire replaced, take our kids to COSI and spend a wonderful day with them there and make it back home in time last night for everyone to grab some sleep, daughter to attend one church service she was a part of and son to attend next service for something he was involved with.

Whew!  Now back to work.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

StPaulieGirl

I'm whipped just reading this ;-)

It sounds like the GAL has his head on straight.  No one can be a parent from prison!  Good wishes going your way!

NoNicky

Thanks.  I'm exhausted.  I have managed to get some laundry started and dinner cooked.  Later tonight I plan on collapsing.  LOL

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6