Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 08:54:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Alright guys, help me out here.........

Started by Kitty C., Jan 22, 2004, 03:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitty C.

Now what would I do without you guys to vent to and lean on????

FTK, as crazy as it sounds, you may very well be right!  As crazy as she is, she probably won't see me as a threat anymore!  Which makes me wonder about something else:  the time we finally run into each other after all this.  Bet you dollars to donuts the first words out of her mouth will be 'I told you so.'  Cuz right now, she's scared to death to talk to me, guess I 'intimidate' her too much, LOL!

But if she ever confronts me, she ain't gonna know what hit her, cuz I WILL tell her that she may have divorced SS's father but SS did NOT!  That I think she's a sorry excuse for a mother to use her child as a weapon to get back at her ex and the ONLY person she has hurt in the process is SS.

We live in an EXTREMELY small town.  And SS is only 1 1/2 years away from middle school, where a very good friend works as an at-risk coordinator.  Between that and DS seeing SS when he gets off the bus at the elem. school in the afternoons, I know we'll still see him, just not as frequently as we used to.

Funny, but as small as our town is (and with them living only 2 blocks away), it's amazing just how little I see them/her as it is.  But then again, she doesn't get out into the community much.  Way too self-conscious of her severe speech impediment due to her hearing loss.  And she does a lot of the same with the rest of her family.

Nine days and counting, then DS and I are on our own.  Going back is NOT an option, unless DH gets some really intense counseling and therapy.  And considering how I know him and his family, that would take a miracle.........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

sweetnsad

It's difficult, I'm sure, but know in your heart that things will surely work out and get better with time...
Prayers and hugs to you and your family...

VeronicaGia

Dang it Kitty!  I haven't been around here too much and had no idea you and DH were.......dang it!   I feel just awful.  You know how much you are liked around here, we'd do anything we could to help!

As far as SS, kitty, you give him your phone number, your work number, an e-mail address, your home address, anything and everything and MAKE SURE he knows he can contact you ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT!  You make sure he knows YOU are there for him and, while you can't interfere with parenting issues, he can ALWAYS talk to you.  Set up a yahoo e-mail address for him if you have to, something he can access from a library or a friends house.  Make sure he knows he is not the problem....

Kitty, I'm so sorry.  Major hugs and prayers have been sent your way.

:(