Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 05:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for volunteers in Dallas area!!!

Started by TGB, Feb 04, 2004, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TGB

I am preparing a presentation for the National Head Start Training Institute on Father Involvement in Dallas for June 15-17. I need at least two nonresident fathers in that area who can be part of a panel to discuss their involvement in their child(ren)'s schooling and how it affected the child(ren). May also be asked to discuss how the teacher's or school's attitude towards you affected your involvement. There will be two presentations per day for each of the three days.

I don't know if my proposal will be accepted, but I have reason to hope it will be.

I have attended Head Start meetings like this before. I am very excited about the positive attitude presented on father involvement in their children's education. For the most part, these people are genuinely interested in increasing father involvement.

Significant others, teachers, or custodial mothers may also be suitable for this presentation, if they have first-hand knowledge of a father's relationship with the child(ren)'s school or teachers and how that affected the child(ren).

Thanks! Please respond by sending me an e-mail at [email protected]

StPaulieGirl

Hey TGB, how's it going?  I don't live in the Dallas area, sorry....