Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:04:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

JOINT CUSTODY

Started by genesis, Feb 10, 2004, 06:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genesis

MY FRIEND IS TRYING TO GET JOINT CUSTODY AND IF POSSIBLY FULL CUSTODY OF HIS TWO SONS, CURRENTLY LIVING WITH HIS EX-WIFE.  HE HAS ACCESS TO EDUCATIONAL AND MEDICAL RECORDS.  THAT IS ALL.  THEY ARE IN A VERY UNSTABLE HOME (SHE HAS BEEN SHOT AT SEVERAL TIMES ALREADY).  HE HAS A LAWYER BUT HAS DONE NOTHING TO MOVE THIS ALONG.  MY FRIEND HAS BEEN TO THE COURTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN TALKING TO JUDGES AND STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.  HE IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A DIFFERENT LAWYER IN DETROIT MICHIGAN.  THEY PAY NO MIND TO HIM.  WHAT CAN HE DO TO GET THIS MOVING ALONG SINCE THE KIDS ARE IN A VERY HARMFUL SITUATION. PLEASE HELP!!!

jilly

He needs to call DSS or whatever the local child protective services are called in his area.

NoNicky

I am assuming that at this point the only reason he is still living there is the children.  Has the attorney given him any advice on getting his own place in a safer area and showing the courts he has alternative place for them to live where it will be more stable?

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

P.S.  Try mixed case.  It is easier to read than all upper case.  

janM

I believe he meant that the boys are living with the mom.

And if there are police reports of the shootings, he should get copies of those. I don't think CPS would do very much either, if there is no immediate danger.

I think a GAL would be in order here.

genesis

Yes the boys are living with their mom.  What is a GAL?  His Ex-Wife is moving in with her mother (along with the children).  

NoNicky

That makes more sense.  I just misread.  I really have problems reading posts in all caps and should have reread it a few more times.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

NoNicky

A GAL is a guardian ad litem.  Basically it is a "friend of the court" or in Ohio it is an attorney who represents the minor children only and does not initially side with one parent or the other.  They do an investigation and then submit a recommendation to the court.  You will find several very good articles about GALs here on Sparc.

NoNicky