Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:21:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I dont want to live here

Started by son_n_colo, Mar 05, 2004, 12:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

son_n_colo

hello...i am a son of a divorced couple where the dad has no visitation or custodial rights....i do not want to live with my mother and stepfather any more cause i hate the way that they try to govern me, like they say that i have no rights and that i have to tell them everything that i say to my father. i am sick of it and want to go live with my dad and i need to know what i can do to go live with my dad....right now he is making the effort through the courts. But i want to see to it that i do get down there i need help not only with the parents but other things too like law stuff that i should need to know.....thnk you for anything that will help

nosonew

How old are you?

Sounds like you are old enough (if you are 13 or older) to make your own decisions IIIFFFF the following:

-Your dad is emotionally stable.
-He has never had domestic violence PROVEN against him

Why doesn't dad have any visitation rights?  When was the last time you saw him?  Are you able to talk to him on the phone, internet?

First off my suggestions are this:
1. Notify dad, by mail per letter, email, phone, whatever.
2. Write a letter to dads attorney with your wishes.
3. It is imperative that you state your reasons: ie: you miss dad, your mom and stepdad won't let you communicate with him/see him, they bombard you with questions that are none of their business, etc.
4. Tell your counselor at school.
5. Tell your pastor/priest, explain you want to keep this confidential from your mom and sdad.
6.  If you are seeing a therapist, tell him/her.

Make sure if you are talking to dad on the phone, that they are not recording your conversations or listening in.

Your dad will need your help, perhaps by testifying to a judge.  You need to make sure you are willing to "go against" what your mom thinks is best for you.

Again, why doesn't he have any visitation?