Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:43:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help me please

Started by tkhjr, Apr 07, 2004, 03:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkhjr

I am a step mother to a 7 year old boy and the mother of 4 ages 11,10,6,&4. My husband is currentely going through a nasty custody case that has been a long time comming! The ex has only allowed him to visit his child in her home for the past 7 years and never allowed him to really get to know him. We finally got tired of playing her games and now have a temp order for visitation and joint custody. This woman is a miserable excuse for a mother. She litterally in the past has ran of  with the Carnival and left my step son with her mother. Her home is filthy. Recentally she was living with her mother and her grandparents in a 2 bedroom trailer with 5 adults, and 3 children. To top off this situation my step son was sleeping in a garage in the middle of the winter only heated by electric heaters. To make matters even worse this garage is filled with garabage. His grandmother(thus a major caretaker) has been recentally arrested on possesion of meth charged and other related drug charges. Plus was on probation at the time for another drug charge.(also meth related) We have expressed our concern with DHS and it seems they dont care. There is also drug use in the ex home as well as a new boyfriend that has made threats towards my husband. DHS has been called numerous times and nothing ever happens. They have even done reports that they never talked to the mother and grandmother except on the phone. DHS sets speciffic times they will be there and then the caretakers are gone with the child. The same worker is always involved in the investigation and all reports are unfounded although they have the evidence out line in the assesment. As I said before we are fighting for custody of this poor fella but this DHS stuff is for the birds! We do have doccumentation over the past 6 mo or so of what has been going on but we know there is a current investigation and are very concerned for this boy!!Anything will help!!!!!!!!!!!!Please give us some advice!!!!! I gave you a short summary to our situation if u need more info let me know!THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE!!!!!

wendl

If you are a ncp or married to the ncp CPS doesn't take much into consideration (they are a joke) CPS usually always sets up a time with the other parent to see the home etc (how nice so that parent can clean the house, put food in the fridge etc)

When you file for custody, please request a GAL(Gaurdian Ad Litem)/Parenting Investigator.

Read everything you can on this site. Talk with the schools to see if there are any problems in school, go to the police station get copies of the police records for the meth charges etc.

Come in and vent and ask questions, also come into chat some night.

:)

Kitty C.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......