Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 12:25:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

50/50 Visitation/Custody??

Started by gas, May 18, 2004, 01:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gas

I have turned my world upside down to be there for my two sons who are 6 and 4.  My ex-wife works and has periodic biz travel, we are currently at 70 (her)/30 visitation/joint custody after I went back to court to get increased from 15/85 which was initially given at time of divorce (boys were only 6  mon. and 2 yrs. at that time)

Now going back with detailed visitation logs again requesting 50/50 and first right of refusal (she employs a 40 hr/wk babysitter instead of sending the 4 yr. old full time to pre-school).  My request is that the judge require the 4 yr. old son to be in pre-school 4-5 days/week as a preference to a 21 yr. old babysitter hanging with him 8 hours/day while "Mommy works upstairs".  She wont' do it since she would lose her "housekeeper/staff/babysitter".

Given my track record of upholding the 30% (and then some) visitation along with detailed logs of never missing a doctor's appt in 4 yrs., volunteering at my son's school, taking a 50% reduction in income to avoid biz travel, etc,. etc.  what do you think my chances are of getting equal time with my sons?  California law requires max time with both parents...if both are truly loving, responsible parents (we both are)...but I've heard this is very difficult to achieve without both parents' agreement.  Thanks in advance of your thoughts from those that have had similar experiences......

forthekids24

I have heard some commercials on the radio telling parents to put their kids in pre-school here in California.  

I found the link to it  http://www.ccfc.ca.gov/

Has some information that might be useful to you in supporting your son going to preschool.

On a personal note, 3 of my 4 children went to preschool, the one who didn't go to preschool is clearly not as strong academically as the other 3

Good Luck!!
FTK

gas

FTK, thanks much for this, great resource.