Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 06:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

cancelling and rescheduling evaluation appointments???

Started by grafxgrl, Jun 16, 2004, 09:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grafxgrl

We have been in evaluation now since january. Our 'side' (NCP dad) got our appointments finished in March and were led to believe that we would have the report 'in about 2 weeks'. We are hoping the evaluation will find that custody needs to be 'reversed' and at that point we will file for custody of the child through the courts.

It is now 2.5 months later and we still have no report and come to find out that pbfh has CANCELLED and RESCHEDULED so many times that she has yet to complete all of her appointments.

I know that this will have a negative impact for her case, but just how negative? insights anyone?

thanks much

g

Tucker

I totally understand your situation.  I've been going through the same process.  I too set my appointments up as quickly as possible, trying to get things complete.  It seemed the CP was able to set up their appointments on a WHENEVER basis, which pushed things out.  Mine started in December and from what I've been told won't be complete now until mid July.  

If it is held against them I'm guessing it won't mean much.  It's just hard when your doing your part to get things done, and the other side is basically controlling the time frame things will finish.  Doesn't seem really fair to the kids involved.