Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 02:58:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stressed...Court date around the corner

Started by rebecca, Jul 13, 2004, 04:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebecca

Hi. I have joint physical/legal custody of my son 6 years old in California. Ex and I went to mediation and the recommendation was made a temporary court order pending trial.  
He wants full custody so that he can change sons school so that his girlfriend can pick son up from school when she picks up her own daughter. He offered me an extra weekend with son every other month if I went along with the school change. But, I think it is a bad idea for Son to experience another school change. He wants full custody, and is claiming that I am angry and display my anger in front of my son in a harmful manner and that I alienate son from him by not letting son talk to him on the phone. The anger claim is false and backwards. We usually ignore each other except for when he comes to my car when I pick son up. He claims to have friends that are witnesses to these tirades of mine. These witnesses will be lying if they claim to have witnessed a tirade, but I don't know if I have to defend myself to this or what I have to do. I have phone records that show how often his phone number is called and it is at least once every parenting weekend of mine. I transport son to and from his new home over an hour away every parenting weekday that I have to work. He has the opportunity for contact with son at least 6 days per week but usually 7. His girlfriend is the one who cares for son when I drop son off at Ex's because she works from home and Ex is a mobile worker. He is claiming to spend all of the time with son, but it is not him it is his girlfriend.                                    How can I prove/should I try to prove that his allegations that I am angry and damaging the child are false?  He is also claiming that Son is not fed well or bathed under my care which is completely false.  Do I need to provide documentation of how often son is fed and bathed to disprove these allegations?  He is also claiming that because he is self-employed, his work schedule is such that he has more time to spend with son than I do.    It is mostly his girlfriend who cares for son during his parenting time.  Do I need to have proof of this?  Or, am I not at risk of losing my 50% time?  I work weekdays until 5p.  Thanks for any advice or comments.

Bolivar OH

What you are experiencing is normal divorce banter from parents.

Check out this site on what it takes to obtain custody.  Usually whatever was agreed upon in the temporary orders hold true until the divorce is final.  Yes I know they call it "temporary orders" but they are more permanent than you may believe.

Remember there are three sides to every divorce:
   1.His Side
   2.Her Side
   3.The Truth

rebecca

We have been divorced for 3 years.  Things just recently got crazy again.  Thank you for your input.