Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:29:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Going into court Monday 26th

Started by lookinnomore, Jul 21, 2004, 09:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

On our way into court for a 7 minute motion to amend custody for two boys we (their dad and I) have had custody of for the last 3 years.  There have been no changes in our home in that time.  The only change has been her recent marriage and a more financial situation for her.  We are not married, and I do not plan to attend court as she has had me put out of the court room before because we are not married.  Do you think my not going is a bad idea?  

Can anyone give me any idea as to what he should take to court with him.  We have lots of documentation of weekends gone bad, a letter from the school from last time she had custody, an investigation I believe she called in for abuse on us that was proven unfounded.  In seven minutes will they really hear any of this? Does anyone have any answers for me? In case it matters, we live in Virginia.

wendl

sounds to me like their is no substantial change in circumstance, so what if she is married and and makes more money. Obviosly your boyfriend has custody for a reason. Since he has had custody for 3yrs and the kids are striving it would NOT be in the best interest to remove them from the home they are currentlly in.

Try posting to soc and see what he says

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

lookinnomore

hate to appear stupid, but at the rist of that.  How do you post to the SOC?

wendl

Go to Dear Socrateaser Board and at the very top click Post just like you did here to start.

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**