Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Extracurricular activities. Can I be banned?

Started by rebecca, Jul 15, 2004, 11:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebecca

Ex enrolled Son in a 2-week day camp.  I am at work on weekdays until 5p.  Ex enrolled Son without my consent or knowledge.  Ex's Girlfriend also enrolled her Daughter in this camp.  Tonight is Son's time with me, and is also a slumber party for one of the day camps.  I originally was not going to allow him to attend because I did not feel comfortable leaving a 6 year old to spend the night with people I did not know.  Since Son wanted to go and was upset with my decision, I called the camp and asked if it would be alright for me to attend too.  She said that other parents would be there and I was welcomed to attend.  I told Ex that Son could go and I would be joining him.  He said no because I was a danger to Girlfriend's daughter.  Then he decided that he would go also.  So we were all going to go to the sleepover.  Then he said the 2 week camp cost $450 and I was to pay him $225.  I do not have $225 and I do not feel that I should have to pay since he was enrolled without my knowledge and because I had to be chaperoned by Ex.  He said that I could not go if I didn't pay.  I said that I am going anyway as previously agreed and he is welcomed to come or not, that Girlfriend's daughter will not suffer any discomfort because of me.  She always sits next to me and shows me her toys and stuff at Son's t-ball games.  She is not in fear of me.   Ex called the owner of the camp and the owner called me and said she did not want any trouble and that Son should not attend.  Is this something I should bring up at our court date next month?  How should I do that?  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

wendl

You need to read your order carefully, if the order does not Specify that you are responsible for a % of extracurricular activities then NO you shouldn't have to pay.  If other parents are attending this function and they ban you from going as it is your residential time with the child, I would file a complaint with this camp.

You can bring this up in court however, don't tell the court you will not pay the $ just because xx is requiring he go as it will look bad for you.

Simply state that in the court order it does not exclude me from going to xx activites, it does not state that I must pay xx % for these activities, that Mr. Ex has contacted the camp and tried to get you banned from spending the overnight with your son as he feels you can't go cuz his g/f daughter (this child is no concern in your case)

Hope this helps a little

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

wendl

N/M

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

rebecca

Thanks for asking!! :)    No, I go in August.  I have interviews with 2 different attorneys because Ex said he is getting one.  I can't wait for all of this to finally be settled.  I'll post back when I go.  Thanks again.