Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 08:13:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Home Study Evaluations

Started by LADYPEYE, Sep 22, 2004, 05:43:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LADYPEYE

Is there anyone on this forum, who is familiar with this type of home evaluation.  I have been reading and researching the topic as it seems it could be beneficial in some custody issues.

I am attempting to design a project (and possible obtain Federal Grant funds) for JDC's in Louisiana.

Does a home study have to be court-ordered?  Would a state licensed investigator , who specializes in custody issues be qualified as a evaluator?  (not state worker) After all, we are only interested in the best interest of the children.

One more question?  If a grandparent retains the services of a state licensed investigator, and that investigator does a home study evaluation on both parents, mother and father when the child is present at that particular home. does it need to be requested through the courts?

Are all home study evaluations requested through the courts?  I have done a few without a court order on both parents..(one of the parties involved) retained my services.  When completed the attorneys on both sides were impressed.  This last one backfired.