Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Should DH have meetings with BM?

Started by onedaddy, Oct 29, 2004, 04:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onedaddy

Fair enough!  We actually made that propositon o this therapist, but no answer yet.  She is also well aware of the false allegation and offered to walk my husband to his car, and spoke to the BM stating if any allegation were filed on this date she would refuse to treat them anymore.  This is whaty the BM would want.  So your proposal is what will we go wiht.

Thanks, you have always been a tremendous support

Kitty C.

I'm glad I could be of help!  And it does sound like the therapist is definitely 'aware'.......offering to walk your DH to his car, that says a LOT!  And to tell the BM that she will refuse to treat if the BM gets squirrely.....sounds like she's got BM's number!

Regardless of how it works out, it's obvious that you will need to stay on your guard the whole time.  And make sure DH tells the therapist that if she thinks he's acting 'out of character' or very reserved, that it's just for protection and self-preservation.  But I think that this therapist will be quite aware of this and will do her best to treat the situation with kid gloves.

Let us know how it turns out!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

smtotwo

this saturday.  There's nothing I'd like more than to have the psychomommy explain to a therapist why she does what she does.

After DH and I have had a couple sessions, we may invite her to joint sessions.  However, since mu insurance is paying, she'd have to be responsible for her own costs.

Since non of what she's done to DH has worked she's now focusing on me and my son.  

onedaddy

The therapist my sk are seeing isn't very much on the return calls.  We made it clear to our lawyer that DH does not feel safe being in the same room wiht this woman in light of everything so it will not happpen. We will meet with the threrapist via phone or in person whenever she needs us to but with BM is out of the question.

We had originally put forth a contempt order to take the children to therapy on our own as she was not obliging wiht the orders and the lawyer and GAL thought it be best to make her do this since she has more time with them stupidly we agreed.  We still must make time to drive out 3 hours to see this woman and BM is in total control.

I guess you live and learn. I'm tired of the lawyers advice.

Good luck with your counseling.  I hope the entire family benefits for it.