Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 06:46:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

DSS removeral

Started by diane48m, Nov 19, 2004, 11:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane48m

does anyone know about when DSS takes the children from the mother and the court gives tempory custody to the father for 45 days ? now the court case is coming MOnday up and DSS, said that they don't come to the hearing, basically it's now dump in our lap. We don't know what we should be doing at this hearing. HELP

we are not sure what the hearing is. DSS took the kids away from mom 9/30 we had to file emergancy custody forms for that weekend, then we went to court monday 10/4 court gave us temp. custody and said it would be heard on 11/22. The hearing is based on DSS, but they won't have their case ready until the beggining of dec.  my boyfriend wants to keep the child, he spent over 70 grand and 6 years in NH trying to get them, but the judge said they weren't in immmedete danger , even thou DCYS & a GAL both recommend the father have them. as for the mom, she took out a RO right after the hearing, so her supervised visits hasn't happened,because of the No contact she has not gotten any help since the remmoval (mental) . we don't think she has a lawyer , we don't either. we are going into this blind i think. The case worker is pregant and going out on leave dec 8th, she. DSS did support the 51a & 51b. but we don't have either report. do you know what we should do?

ocean

THis sounds like it is still in DSS court to deal with. If they are not ready then the case maybe will be postponed but usually the judges want to hear an "update" about what has been happening. Make sure you go and bring any documantation you have about what the kids have been doing. School reports? Activities? Counselor report?  Many times DSS is overworked so find out who will be taking over the case after she leaves and set up an appointment to go over the case so far and get that person up to speed. Then ask to meet with them before every court apperance. They should be doing checks on the kids at your house. Did they do any yet? Good luck!

diane48m

well bio-mom didn't show up today. so you would think it would be good for us. NOT
this is how the order goes
pending a hearing of the merits or until further order of the court, it is ordered that:
1) not check off-this is listed (the the father having appeared, the mother having failed to appear

2)Plaintiff have the care & custody of kids names, the minor children of the parties.

3) Visitations has not been exercised in the circumatances of cross restraining orders in the district court and shall be address on november 24, 2002, in this court at 9am. The issue of child support currently payable to mother shall be address at the time- payment of $179.00 shall be made in the interm by the father to the mother.
Has anyone ever heard of this BULL.
so now we have to wait until wednesday to see if she shows up at the RO hearing. than go upstairs and have this heard again.
this woman holds a master degree and is fully captiable in supporting her own household.
My BF can not conitue to pay her support and raise these kids.
any ideas for wednesday.
thanks

diane48m

Well, Bio-mom didn't show up until 11:30am, she said she was on foot and didn't know it was going to take that long to get there. She also told the PO that she didn't show up Monday because her house was surrounded by people(?).
Well, we first got the Ro's dropped, she wasn't happy about that. Than we went to Probate, spoke with the PO, & boy was he P.O., he finally ask my BF what he needed, after hearing her stories and lies.
Than we went up to the judge, I can't Evan say how many time she called my BF an abuser &sex offender, finally the judge asked her who Label him that.  She said he was put in jail for it. So the judge ran a Cory(?), so this is what was ordered.
SOL-  PHYSICAL CUSTODY,
Once a week supervised visit at the Lowell visitation center for 2 hours. Paid for equally by both parties
Once a week monitored phone call,
AND NO child support, she has to pay him $20.00 a week.
We don't even have a date that this would be heard any time soon, we are now going to get a lawyer and go for permanent Custody.
The sad thing is that these kids just lost their mother, and her family will not Help her get treatment. It's a win but soooo sad at the same time.
thanks for everyone's help.
Diane