Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 01:46:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychological Evaluation report

Started by ER, Nov 16, 2004, 08:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawmoe

Such a psychologocal evaluation is compoelling and is likely to play a major role in the GAL's recommendation.  You are in a very good position to retain primary custody based on that report.

ER

I know the report specifically stated that a "sahre parenting" requested by the mohter it not feasible at this time. There was no mention of a joint custody either as to anything else. I was assuming that joint is very simliar to shared or am I mistaking this for two spereate types of custody? Alos, with what bad was in the report regrading my personality such statements as "when provoke, I could possible act out in an agressive manner" relates to me that I could be labeled as angry and possible hurt my chances. I am not trying to keep going over and over this reprot, but I do know her attorney is going to use this to the fullest extent to at least try for a trial or other. The one good thing is that with my son's therapy, I have been signed up for parenting classes and support groups to help me and get more information on my son's development. I even went to get a psycholigist for sessions to try and undersand the test and to get some counseling just for myself. (My ex can do things purposely to create attention and when it involves my son, things do get tense) LOL

So for the most part, I feel pretty good.

DecentDad

Don't worry about the psych profile of you, unless you have a history of violence.

Here's all it takes to diffuse it:

YOUR ATTORNEY:  ER, when was the last time you ever physically attacked someone?

ER:  Umm, when I was in sixth grade, I got in a fight with another kid.

YOUR ATTORNEY:  Have you ever been provoked, offended, or faced confrontation as an adult?

ER:  Sure

YOUR ATTORNEY:  And during those incidents, did you ever get physically violent?

ER:  No.

------------------------

YOUR ATTORNEY TO YOUR EX:  To your knowledge, how many times has ER ever physically struck your child in anger?

YOUR EX:  None.

Boom. Done.  The psychologist can evaluate you all day long, but your historical behavior is what counts most.

DD

ER

>Don't worry about the psych profile of you, unless you have a
>history of violence.

Nope, never, never had any history or nothing...done deal!!!!
>
>Here's all it takes to diffuse it:
>
>YOUR ATTORNEY:  ER, when was the last time you ever physically
>attacked someone?
>
>ER:  Umm, when I was in sixth grade, I got in a fight with
>another kid.
>
>YOUR ATTORNEY:  Have you ever been provoked, offended, or
>faced confrontation as an adult?
>
>ER:  Sure
>
>YOUR ATTORNEY:  And during those incidents, did you ever get
>physically violent?
>
>ER:  No.
>
>------------------------
>
>YOUR ATTORNEY TO YOUR EX:  To your knowledge, how many times
>has ER ever physically struck your child in anger?
>
>YOUR EX:  None.

In one sense and not to keep this on and on, my ex would say yes only because she is a social worker and has the ability to use her position as one. But my attorney is sharp and can call her bluff. Now if he asked her, then it is a differnet set-up!!!LOL
>
>
>Boom. Done.  The psychologist can evaluate you all day long,
>but your historical behavior is what counts most.
>
>DD

Thanks again, on to better things! Time for a beer! LOL

DecentDad

If she says "Yes", then that's equally fine...

YOUR ATTORNEY:  How many times?

YOUR EX:  (insert number here)

YOUR ATTORNEY:  Does that give you concern as a parent?

YOUR EX:  Of course.

YOUR ATTORNEY:  As a concerned parent, did you ever report this violence against your child to any authority or investigating agency?

YOUR EX:  (Yes or no)

YOUR ATTORNEY:  And how many times has any investigating agency ever concluded that ER abused or struck the child in any way?

YOUR EX:  None

ER:  I'll kill you!  I'll kill you all!

JUDGE:  Bailiff, please restrain ER.

Quit worrying!  Evidence is required in court.

DD

ER

LMFAO!!!!

I have to say that is pretty much how it will go to!!!LOL  Close friend of mine taught me to say 2 words when it comes to her and her attorney....PROVE IT!!!