Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 05:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Even though PP isn't signed should I offer????

Started by ksmomof2girls, Jan 05, 2005, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksmomof2girls

As some of you have heard about the horrible winter weather kansas is having.

Its not so much snow, but ice.  Around 1 p.m. today the girls' house lost power.  Westar is saying that its going to be 7-10 days before everyone's power is back on in the state of Kansas.  My mom has been without power since 2:30a.m.

My question is.  Should I call my X and offer to take the girls until they get power since we have power or just let him deal with it?

In our new Parenting plan we do have it where I get FRoR, if he isn't going to be there while they are out of school. They can't stay with SM.
(That was agreed on Monday...nothing has been drawn up my attorney yet or signed.)I was unable to have my surgery today because of the weather..Probably won't have it until next week.

Thanks.

They are out of school again tomorrow.

PburgDad

If you can swing it, then absolutely yes! 3 years into my PP and it isn't perfect, but by always doing right by the kids (even if it means swallowing my pride and biting my liip now and then) will pay off in many ways: with the kids and later by the court, if you need it.

And...LOG EVERYTHING: dates, time, duration, conversations, decisions, etc. Start your journal now and stay with it. It's helped me MANY times and is now helping me as we are back in court.

Jim

wendl

I would, as a mom if my power wasn't going to be on for 7-10 days and my ex had power, I would be callling to ask him to take our son.

So why not offer for the kids to come to your house as it would be better than no power and for them to get sick.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

ksmomof2girls

The update...just got off phone w/SM....they have power again. Was only out for 45 mins.  Nice of them to let me know uh????

Now my question.

In our new Parenting plan we do have it where I get FRoR, if he isn't going to be there while they are out of school.( 8 hrs or more)  The Judge ruled on that. They can't stay with SM.

(That was agreed on Monday...nothing has been drawn up my attorney yet or signed.)

Since X knows about the FroR and what the Judge said...would it be in my best interest to let my attorney know that he hasn't done the FRoR for tomorrow as the schools are closed again tomorrow?  And I didn't have my surgery today.

I realize he may say that the roads are too bad drive on, but still he didn't let me refuse them either....

PburgDad

This is where the log comes in. I a FRoR also, but many times I've "caught" my ex not letting me know. When she is put on the spot, her response is some lie, but now it is "so what?". And...she is right. How can I prove it? But...if I log enough of it, as well as all the numerous other violations of decree and parenting plan, it can help my case later. No judge will look at a single violation. You have to show the trend if you want leverage for something later, even if you can't prove it with hard evidence.

cathy

Did they actually call and tell you the power was out?  Did you express concern? ask them to let you know when power was back?  Offer at that time to take the kids?

Sorry - but I'm not seeing that as a "nice of them to let me know uh?" type deal.  I mean, really, why would they?  The power is back, things are fine - I'm sure the first thing isn't going to be "Oh call the ex and let her know we have power".

What is visitation now?  Guess I don't understand what the big deal is about them being with the stepmother the 8 hours if they are out of school.  So, will they be coming over in the morning for the day, then going back when their father gets home?

Maybe there is more here than I know about....?

ksmomof2girls

"Did they actually call and tell you the power was out?"

I called them to see how they were doing.  We had a major ice storm here.  ODD told me that the power just went out.....when I called.

There are some places that are still without power.  The electric company here has told my mom it would be 2-10 days before the town she lives in would have power again.

Let me put it this way to you.....

Wichita had 52,500 people without power as of Wednesday. ant that is not counting surrounding towns either. Just the City alone. And if the power company took 2 steps forward, they were taking 2 steps back again because of the wind was knocking trees down again. Not the ice this time.

If I had no power, I would offer my X to watch them instead of taking them to my inlaws( if I had any) or to a  friends house, when they could be getting to spend some extra time with their Dad.

IF I hadn't known they were out of power, it wouldn't had matter to me if they had let me known or not that it was back on.

Avaya

I'm new here,  so forgive me if I don't know what I'm talking about in your situation - BUT is it really such a big deal for them to stay with the stepmom?  Appearantly you were scheduled to have some kind of surgery and they're staying with dad and SM while you recover - meaning they Planned for this time that the kids would be with them.  But since your plans changed, they should rearrange their plans too?  Assuming the kids live with you and this is a temporary situation, I really see no reason for you to kick up a stink over it.  

Lawmoe

Ask yourself what is best for your children and you will have your answer.

cathy

You talked to your daughter, not your ex?  Were you expecting your daughter to call you and tell you or your ex?  Are you sure your ex even knew you had called?  And did he know you were worried?

Given the circumstance, given the fact they were only out of power 45 minutes, I really can't imagine that they WOULD have called you to tell you.

Frankly, if you were worried, I think it would have been incumbent on YOU to call them to see how they were.  But hey - that's just my opinion.