Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help

Started by moninoh, Jan 17, 2005, 04:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

Not everybody lives in California.  Each State is different.  Thankfully I live in a State (NC) that allows a party to record without the other person being told.  As one of the other posters said, even though it's illiegal to record a phone conversation in their State they still do it.  It can't be used in Court but it CAN help their attorney know how to protect his client.

moninoh

Thanks everyone.  No I don't want to take the chance of getting jail time for illegally recording a conversation, but I will NOT take the chance of something happening to my baby.  I have retained an atty and checked with him about the whole thing, luckily, in my state it is LEGAL to record as long as one party (that'd be me) is aware the conversation is being recorded.  Yeah!  So now onto finding a good recorder, thanks for all the links Hardware Queen. You all have been a great help.  Thanks!
Though I really wish this whole thing didn't come down to this.  

MixedBag

they have the equipment needed.

ALSO, about bring the tapes into the court room....

It's not as easy as it sounds because you can't just transcribe them and present the written stuff as evidence.  Search on Soc's section because he's gone over that before.

But it is great for trying to remember exactly what was said because sometimes you can forget right after you hang up the phone.