Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 10:21:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone have a form for Joint Legal and Placement custody

Started by Robert in NY, Dec 20, 2004, 05:27:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert in NY

I am trying to find a form to fill out between my ex and myself that will allow us both Joint Legal and Placement of our daughter. We have agreed upon this already but I do not know how to write up the agreement. I know there are a lot of forms online but most are for standard custody. Is there anything out there that might be close to working for my needs? Thanks.

skye

here at this site on top in tabs main then articles archive or
spig.clara.net has a great one called flinstones plan

Lawmoe

Look under the artilcles on this site for parenting plans. this site has, perhaps, the best examples I have seen. Those parenting plans can be entered as an order.  

Robert in NY

Thanks for the links. Right now I am using the shared parenting plan from this site and am comparing it to the Flintstone plan to make sure nothing is missed. I am hoping Erin will agree to this plan but I have my doubts as she doesn't want to give Ava up to me for anything other then visitation even though we agreed this is the best thing for her and us when this started. I will keep everyone informed and hopefully things will work out. Thanks again.

flewwellin

just so you know a separation agreement can be drawn up and agreed upon by both you and your ex BUT for any reason at all she decides to change it she will be able to.  It's all being held with a grain of salt.  we had this happen to us.  my hubby's ex had her lawyer draw up a sep. agreement and it stated that neither party could move away from home town further than 200 miles.  She thought this would prevent my hubby from moving to FL where he is from... Well he had no intentions on doing that immediately anyway.  So when the time came and she wanted to move she got a lawyer and took it to court.  Paying as much as he does in child support every month made it impossible for him to get a lawyer for himself.  So here we are with no lawyer and  the judge saying she can move the kids 8 1/2 hrs away from here.  Def. more than 200 miles!!!!  So basically the judge told us that the separation agreement wasn't worth the paper it was written on......  be wary of anything like that and if possible get it incorporated into your divorce decree so then it becomes a court order not just words on a peice of paper

Robert in NY

The parenting plan we both agreed to and signed is going to go to court. We will both have to go there and tell the Judge in person that we agree to this plan. Once that is done it will be our legal custody agreement. My lawyer sent the paperwork in already and we are just awaiting the court date.

Of course this paper is all meaningless if my ex shows up at the court and tells the Judge she doesn't want to do it anymore. In which case I am going to go for full custody and I do feel I could win (of course, this all depends on the judge). Thanks anyways for yout post. I had originally hoped that if we both signed it we would be fine and avoid court but I talked to my lawyer anyway and he said it is worthless unless a Judge signs his name on it to make it legal.

Robert in NY

Well, I found out my lawyer did not read over my agreement very good. Erin's lawyer pointed out that the agreement I found on this site was not legal in NY and the Judge tossed it since Erin no longer wanted to honor it. So now it is time for the fun legal battle that will ensue. Thanks again though as I was hoping it would work out and we would be done with all this right now.