Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 26, 2024, 12:55:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Custody Trial over with no deceison??

Started by ER, Feb 09, 2005, 06:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ER

Well the trial was Monday and eventhough my ee's attorney requested no witnesess for some strange reason, the judge could not deceide on custody.

Both our attorneys went into the chambers before the trial began and I could hear them talk to the judge in regards to what my ex and I wanted. The GAL was also there to give his recommendation of shared-parenting with me being the custodial parent. Both attorneys said we agree with the GAL but I had a few minor changes that could be argued as well as CS.

All this took less than an hour in court. My main concern was a summer break schedule that was too much back and forth for my son at his age. I had proof from the therapist as well as school to show that a change in his routine would not be positive. The judge questioned my attorney and ask for who these people where but my idiot attorney never ask for the information, guess he figured words were better then say a letter. So, he handed a psychological report to the judge who in my amazement said that he had not seen that report. The psychological evaluation report was done 3 months ago!!! After he skimmed over it he began to question the GAL's recommendation of shared parenting plan. 3 times he asked the GAL about his opinion and why he thought it would work.

You see the psychological report stated that a shared-parenting plan would not be feasible and it was pretty damaging towards the mother. My guess is that the judge seen that and had questions as to why the GAL believes in a shared-parenting. So, he puts the GAl on the line by asking him if he would "bet" that his recommendations would be in the best interest. My guess is that the judge knew sooner or later with that plan that me and my ex would be back in court fighting. In fact he commented that he wanted it to be sure it would work because he did not want to see us in court one week from signing the order for contempt. The judge then asked my ex's attorney and my attorney if thye would bet on the shared-parenting plan to work. Both answered "NO" So I think the judge is very skeptical and that is why he commented that he needs to review before making a deceison.

The odd thing about all this is that it is reveresed. The court is for women more so than men and I beleive that I am the exception since I have had custody of my son through this whole ordeal. The mother has not shown interest in her child and worse she refuse to communicate with me on any grounds. The judge did note that this was evident, including me as well. So now I wait to see what his deceison will be.