Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:15:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

biase judges

Started by ccryder601, Feb 21, 2004, 01:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccryder601

Who says a father can't make the better parent?
Honorable Lisa Menafee for the Forsythe county court system, that is who.

I am the recent victim whereas a local Winston-Salem Judge provided what appears to be a very gender biased decision without providing weight to discipline, morals, values and the environment provided for the children.

At the recent custody hearing the honorable Lisa menafee provided an opinion of the father as one with high morals and values however was labeled as rigid with regards to the wants and desires of their two children, 16 and 9.  The mother, who lives with a convicted drug felon, has not been substantially employed for greater than two years was labeled as "free-spirited" when it comes to discipline and control of the children.

Evidence provided during the hearing showed of the mother leaving the two children in an out-of-town hotel room while she went to another hotel for sexual encounters.  Testimony was provided by the mother of allowing the teenager, (age 14), to obtain a tattoo.  The reasoning behind her allowance of this illegal act was because of the teen's statement that if she didn't let him, he would have one of his friends do it.  She testified that she would rather have it done under her supervision than by one of his friends.  Testimony was also provided and certified by the mother, of the mother teaching the children the art of deception by telling them to lie to their father about inappropriate incidents which the children were involved in which included failing grades and suspensions from school transportation to avoid discipline.

Our wonderful court system by means of the Honorable Judge Menafee provided her opinion that the it would be better suited for the children to live with their "free-spirited" mother versus a father which provides guidance and discipline after she commended the father of his high morals and values.  She continued to opine that even though one parent may have excellent morals and values, we can not push them upon our children.  We have to let them develop their own.  I as a parent am appalled by these contentions and fear this is in part the downfall of today's society with teens and the ever-rising discipline problems being faced today.

How many teenagers of today do not rebel against their parents with regards to achieving their wants and desires?  Teen's of today face many difficult tasks within the growing process.  Without guidance, which includes discipline and I am not talking physical, everything would run amuck.  Kids need guidance, and freedom to make mistakes however, they must also realize that there are consequences for the mistakes they do make.

I am curious as to how many other fathers there are who have been placed within the same or similar situations.  The support provided to women, even if they are the guilty ones with regards to the issue of infidelity is astronomical within the state of North Carolina as well as this country.  However, the guidance and support provided to fathers is very limited.  What makes the mother the better parent?  As a father who has been involved within this process and researched quite a lot, I have come to the conclusion that it is not just a matter of the better parent or what is best for the children, but the necessity to overcome the biased opinions within our local court systems as demonstrated by one "Honorable Lisa Menafee".

For those fathers involved with such situations with regards to custody for their children, please contact me.  Lets see if we can stand up together to overcome this reversed discrimination once and for all.  This is one father who will exercise his constitutional rights via the voting process to ensure this type of discrimination is addressed and corrected.

Peanutsdad

>Who says a father can't make the better parent?
>Honorable Lisa Menafee for the Forsythe county court system,
>that is who.

Sure,, bout like most judges.

>
>I am the recent victim whereas a local Winston-Salem Judge
>provided what appears to be a very gender biased decision
>without providing weight to discipline, morals, values and the
>environment provided for the children.
>

Ok, you just joined the club,, welcome aboard,, suxnutz, eH?

>At the recent custody hearing the honorable Lisa menafee
>provided an opinion of the father as one with high morals and
>values however was labeled as rigid with regards to the wants
>and desires of their two children, 16 and 9.  The mother, who
>lives with a convicted drug felon, has not been substantially
>employed for greater than two years was labeled as
>"free-spirited" when it comes to discipline and control of the
>children.

I can see where the judge found you rigid,, it comes across in your writing. Thats not a bad thing,, so long as you dont impose ridiculous punishments or conditions on the kids.
However, being a convicted drug felon,, means nothing in court IF the guy is drug free. Do I agree with it? nope,, but it doesnt change it.
>
>Evidence provided during the hearing showed of the mother
>leaving the two children in an out-of-town hotel room while
>she went to another hotel for sexual encounters.  Testimony
>was provided by the mother of allowing the teenager, (age 14),
>to obtain a tattoo.  The reasoning behind her allowance of
>this illegal act was because of the teen's statement that if
>she didn't let him, he would have one of his friends do it.
>She testified that she would rather have it done under her
>supervision than by one of his friends.  Testimony was also
>provided and certified by the mother, of the mother teaching
>the children the art of deception by telling them to lie to
>their father about inappropriate incidents which the children
>were involved in which included failing grades and suspensions
>from school transportation to avoid discipline.

Once again,, its the liberal system with a twist,, liberal as applies to women,, downright "rigid" as applied to men LOL
Stick around, you'll hear even more ludicrous judgements that have come down by other judges.
>
>Our wonderful court system by means of the Honorable Judge
>Menafee provided her opinion that the it would be better
>suited for the children to live with their "free-spirited"
>mother versus a father which provides guidance and discipline
>after she commended the father of his high morals and values.
>She continued to opine that even though one parent may have
>excellent morals and values, we can not push them upon our
>children.  We have to let them develop their own.  I as a
>parent am appalled by these contentions and fear this is in
>part the downfall of today's society with teens and the
>ever-rising discipline problems being faced today.

In your area, I would look into that judges family life,, does she have kids? How are they doing? If they were raised with that kind of parenting style, I'm betting they didnt turn out so hot. Then start a local campaign to unseat the Honorable yadda yadda yadda.
>
>How many teenagers of today do not rebel against their parents
>with regards to achieving their wants and desires?  Teen's of
>today face many difficult tasks within the growing process.
>Without guidance, which includes discipline and I am not
>talking physical, everything would run amuck.  Kids need
>guidance, and freedom to make mistakes however, they must also
>realize that there are consequences for the mistakes they do
>make.

No sir, I disagree. In todays society, the general opinion is that teens do NOT need guidance. They do NOT have to concern themselves with consequences,, that might damage their delicate little psyche. What they CAN do,, is anything they please, and you as a parent have no recourse in that. Of course should they suffer any consequences, they are free to lay the blame at your doorstep.
>
>I am curious as to how many other fathers there are who have
>been placed within the same or similar situations.  The
>support provided to women, even if they are the guilty ones
>with regards to the issue of infidelity is astronomical within
>the state of North Carolina as well as this country.  However,
>the guidance and support provided to fathers is very limited.
>What makes the mother the better parent?  As a father who has
>been involved within this process and researched quite a lot,
>I have come to the conclusion that it is not just a matter of
>the better parent or what is best for the children, but the
>necessity to overcome the biased opinions within our local
>court systems as demonstrated by one "Honorable Lisa
>Menafee".

You want the lowdown on why?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The federal gov provides an incentive price for each dollar collected in child support,, Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it comes to about 60 cents on the dollar collected from the NCP. That amounts to billions of bux a year for the states.
With that said, do you really think the states have ANY incentive to reform the child support laws or custody laws? So, you see, it isnt just a matter of upsetting a gender bias with judges, its a matter of big money, big business and bottom lines. You ex hasnt been gainfully employed,, you are,, who does the judge and the state have the incentive to hit with a child support judgement?
>
>For those fathers involved with such situations with regards
>to custody for their children, please contact me.  Lets see if
>we can stand up together to overcome this reversed
>discrimination once and for all.  This is one father who will
>exercise his constitutional rights via the voting process to
>ensure this type of discrimination is addressed and
>corrected.
>

NoNicky

Gee how I know this story.  I think it is part of the reason we are still in court 2 years later and don't have dh's son while mother sits her butt in prison.  We can't just take the child away from her!  Horrors that he be raised by a law abiding, moral man rather than a woman that is a felon.

NoNicky
For God has not given a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  1 Peter 1:6

doood

"She continued to opine that even though one parent may have excellent morals and values, we can not push them upon our children. We have to let them develop their own. "

duh.....

what the hell is parenting if it's not pushing morals upon children??????

MYSONSDAD

The Judges wording on that one is way off...

I don't want to push morals and values on my son, I want to instill them.
Just living on the high road, the children can see for themselves, what is right and moral.

'children learn what they live'

msme

Sounds like our judge. Total blonde airhead. After CPS, the kids therapist, the school counselor & several witnesses all testified about the abuse & CPS, the therapist & the counselor all testified that the kids did not need that woman in their lives until she straightened herself out, she said, "A mothers bond with her children is just too precious to break."

She then took them away from their father & put them back in hell. I guess those so called "bonds" are more precious than the kids bodies & minds that she was breaking.

Fortunately, my son eventually rescued them & now has sole custody but not without a high price paid by the kids.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

ccryder601

my attroney said that an appeal would not do any good.  Just hang in there with the therapist and she will let the kids go.  I can't and don't want to put them in that situation.

Our 16 year old wants to live with his mother because she lets him go and do whatever he wants.  When I ask where he is going and with who, he tells me see, that is what I mean, you butt into my business.

When I spoke with our son about the judges decision, I told him before and I daid it again, be carefull what you wish for cuz you may just get it.  Now he did.

any suggestions would help