Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I've seend my kids one time in the past year and a half.

Started by standridgefamily, May 29, 2009, 08:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

standridgefamily

Hello, I live in Tn and my ex does as well. I haven't seen my 2 children but one time in the past year and a half. I'm honestly at my wit's end and I'm not sure what to do. I have no way to contact my ex-wife except for a mailing address, to which I have mailed both a registered letter and a certified letter(with both being returned). I have no phone number or contact for her whatsoever. The pick up place for visitation is at her mother's house and the last time we were supposed to have visitation, we went there and filed a police report. And the officer who filled it out said it wouldn't really do anything but document that we were there trying to get visitation. We don't have money for a lawyer and just not sure what to do or what we can do. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice to get my visitation restored? Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ocean

Do you have temporary custody with the courts? What paperwork do you already have?
Bring any evidence of drugs, ask for a drug test, police reports??

standridgefamily

Yes, we have temporary custody, every other weekend. Oh and through all this, even though I haven't been getting any visitation, I've been diligently paying my child support. We have the signed court order of the parenting plan that we took with us to file the police report. And what are you asking about drugs?

ocean

Every time you have a visit go ...and then file a police report. Each time she denies you can file a contempt of court against her for keeping child. Do you have another court date set up? Go and file the contempt charges and they will add it to the next court date and then she will have to answer to those. Bring the mail that she refused so you can prove she is not allowing contact.
Sorry, I thought i read something about drugs in your org post...must have been someone else...
Good luck!

ksmarks

can you file a violation petition?  If uncertain check out the self representation web site that the Texas cvourt system hosts.

Why the grandparents hosue for pick up?  Have you had any contact with the kids?  Have you considered calling a lawyer?
KSMarks