Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 09:41:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

childrens rights

Started by tenamarie72, Feb 06, 2009, 06:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tenamarie72

i need some help very badly. my son who will be 15 wants to come and live with me again. i lost him in october 2005. i been back and forth to court and really feel the judge is bias. he was the judge that order the 2005 order and i been in front of him once and will have to go infront of him again to try to get physical custody and dont know what to do. my son has made a comment that he will pack his bags and run away. what right s does he have in virginia. i dont know what else to do if someone could help please!

Waylon

Quote from: tenamarie72 on Feb 06, 2009, 06:24:38 AM
i need some help very badly. my son who will be 15 wants to come and live with me again. i lost him in october 2005. i been back and forth to court and really feel the judge is bias. he was the judge that order the 2005 order and i been in front of him once and will have to go infront of him again to try to get physical custody and dont know what to do. my son has made a comment that he will pack his bags and run away. what right s does he have in virginia. i dont know what else to do if someone could help please!

Once custody has been determined, any subsequent changes in the parenting plan must be made with the approval of the court. If both parents agree on the changes it is usually a simple matter to have the court approve the changes.

If the other parent does not agree to the desired changes, however, you must persuade the court that the changes you seek would be in the best interests of the child or children, and request that the court order those changes be incorporated into the parenting plan.

To successfully request a court-ordered change in custody, one of the requirements is that the court must find that a "substantial change in circumstances" has taken place since the initial (or previous) custody determination was made.

Read more: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/circumstances.php

The trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

gemini3

If you live in Virginia, there is a petition going around to bring awareness to Parental Alienation.  Please support their efforts by going to this website and signing the petition.

Thank you!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-april-25th-parental-alienation-awareness-day-in-virginia

trystero

You might want to try (I've not had any luck with it) Motion for Court Ordered Mediation...something like that.  Have a mediator sit down with you and the ex.  15 is a VERY critical age.  The needs of the child should be considered in determining custody.  Perhaps encourage him the ability to have BOTH doors remain open and try to get his needs put in front of both yours and the ex-s. 

Saying he will just run away should be a signal.  Might be also worth while to find a good counselor (not necessarily a shrink) who can work on behalf of your kid, courts listen to the impartial assessments more than the bickering between mom and dad.

Check with your insurance provider because they may be able to give you a list of names that take your insurance, then make some phone calls to assess.

Ex- can't really say NO to counseling without looking like the bad-guy.   Probably will have a say in 'who' the counselor is.  But I think your best angle is to come at this as worried about your kid and wanting to help him.