Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 09:37:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

FL CS issues

Started by cmnugent, Mar 12, 2009, 12:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmnugent

My ex is over $35,000 behind in CS.  There is an income deduction order in place in FL.  He has run to WA to escape paying.  I have address and phone numbers for him and have given FL DOR and CSE this information, however nothing has happened.  Is there anything else I can do?

I am on the verge of going to court to take away his parental rights, but my father ( lawyer) has advised me not to.  My ex rarely calls and hasn't seen our son in almost two years (7 months of which we lived less than 5 miles from each other).  I have never denied my ex access to our son and I let our son call his father if he ever asks.
Our son is 8 yo and is asking to call his father less and less (out of sight out of mind, broken promises and all that). 

Any advice???

Kitty C.

How much time have you given FL CSE?  Remember that the wheels turn slowly and it's always possible that they may be having difficulty finding him, too.  And if they are attempting to start a garnishement at wherever he might be employed, they will also have the employer and possibly the state of Washington to work through, too.  At minimum, you probably should give them 6-9 months to try to get things started.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

cmnugent

I started calling the month he ran to WA (about two years ago)!!  I usually call FL CSE once or twice a month for status update and it's always the same line "We sent letters to the addresses you gave us and we have tried to contact WA DOR, but I can put another request through"

I have tried to contact WA DOR, but they claim they can't talk to me becase it is a FL case.  He lives there now and I need their help too!!!   GGGRRRRR. . . .ok, sorry.

I am familiar with the legal system and am just so frusterated that the system seems out to protect the dead-beats.  He has a car ( mine died and I don't have the $600.00 to fix it), he has a nice house (his mom signed for it), he gets paid under the table (he is a "helper") while I scrimp and go without so our son can have more.  PLUS I give him full access to his son.

ocean

So Fla has the arrears in their system? If they do, then that is all you can do for now. If he is being paid cash, they can not garnish anything....As long as they keep the case open, he will always own. If he ever files taxes, or opens a checking account, anything they can find you will get. He will have that over his head until it is paid. I would keep calling. I have never had to deal with two states but people on here have...wait for more answers..